Engel service centers

Rwhat

Observer
Are there any Engel service centers in the US besides Florida. Does anyone have a schematic for the MT45 fridge/freezer. I searched and cannot find much info besides info that leads back to Austraila. Thanks in advance.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I had a power supply issue too - Engel wanted 270usd for a new one

So I bought a 120w 12V computer type supply for 80 and stripped out the broken unit

So now also have 110V -240V capability

rather than just the voltage of the country you bought it in

110v items don't like 220V !

I have the wiring diagrams arround somehwere- Engel Oz sent them to me if any one wants a PDF let me know

Rwhat

Observer
That would be awesome. Let me know if you find the schematics and I can send you my email address.

Rwhat

Observer
Update, i actually picked up the used MT45 from CL today. The seller was cool enough to hold it for me till today.

The seller said it was not working and Engel over the phone told him it was the compressor and Engel wanted $375 to overhaul the unit except the power supply. He had it running for 7-8 years in freeze mode off 110V. Anyways i brought it home and disassembled it right now and cleaned up the fan and the dust. I checked the fuse and plugged it into the 110V outlet and no go, no light or noise. I grabbed the 12V plug that wasn't used in a long time and plugged it into the car. It WORKS!!!!! I set the temp before freeze and it at 40 degrees right now.

Edit, it quickly got down to 6 degress set on freeze mode.

The best part is i scored it for $50 bucks. Its a bit rough,used on a boat for 7-8 years. i'm suprised that it doesn't have much rust especially on the bottom. Only surface rust on the small scratches.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    450.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I have the Trouleshooting and Ventilation Guide as well as a Service Manual for the fridges. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you.

Desert Drifter

Observer
My 45 started making a growling, groaning noise. I pulled the cover off and let it run on my work bench. It was the cooling fan. A call to Florida and they shipped me one within the week!!! Runs nice and quiet again!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior