What is the best color to paint this trailer??

JeepDork

Adventurer
I am getting ready to paint this thing and I am thinking maybe white. I am going to use bedliner on the inside and the frame rails on the outside. Here is a picture of what I'm working with.

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 93

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
A good friend works for Sherwin-Williams and several dozen times every day he gets asked by people for color opinions. He says you never, ever want to be responsible for someone coming back and complaining about the color you chose for them (he's seen it happen many times), so his answer is always the same... Strawberry Fizz.

Now for your trailer I'd either stick with an off-white/tan, or I'd match the tow vehicle's color.

JeepDork

Adventurer
Strawberry Fizz! Wow what a good guess that IS the color of the tow vehicle! Just kidding yeah I just wasn't sure so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what people thought. Thanks for the info, any more idea's?

EWS

Observer
Hi.
Was faced with the same dilemma. What colour to paint the trailer !!! . Decided to match with trucks colour, that’s chassis frame/draw bar, matt black, to match the Land Rover Defenders front bumper and rear chassis cross member, with all panels, and uprights to match the truck body colour, which is a Metallic Red (Aveston Red), with matching Alloy rims. Just one fly in the ointment, have yet to convince myself I can spray the black polyethylene/plastic mudguards (fenders) to match the red , but the black seems not to bad at the moment.. Started spraying the red metallic today with rattle cans, guess a blind man would be pleased to see it, first attempt on the tailgate not good!! , but got the hang of it . Looking good and will soon post more images.

My build link

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/64134-First-Trailer-Build

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Cool trailer I vote to color match with your tow vehicle.
I painted mine the same color as my truck I get lots of looks and questions on the road.
I like that they match.

Attachments

• DSC05285.JPG
    DSC05285.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

wjeeper

Color matching the tow rig looks cool in my book! However I also think that a white, black or tan would compliment just about any kind of tow rig. Personally if I had your trailer (and I wish i did) I would go with white.......but then again its not mine so I say go with what ever suits you.

FAW3

Adventurer
Here is a white trailer example behind a white JK. About a full quart of Rustolem gloss white for the body; gloss black for the frame (about 1/3 quart), and about 3 cans of spray rust restorer under side for bottom of bed, axel, springs, etc.

Since I finished up this little trailer...I've used it once for roofing supplies...and my extended family has had it out about 4 times for various uses.

You might as well paint it the same color as your brother-in-laws jeep!!!

Attachments

• Bantam&JKside.jpg
    Bantam&JKside.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 35

go4aryd

Adventurer
I am getting ready to paint this thing and I am thinking maybe white. I am going to use bedliner on the inside and the frame rails on the outside. Here is a picture of what I'm working with.

Expo White - what other color is there?!?!

sm2009_MyM100_903.jpg

Last edited:

Pikeman

Adventurer
I have a white tow vehicle right now but want to paint it the Sand color Toyota is using on hte FJC. So my dilema is do I go white for now and then repaint at same time as truck or paint it the color I want to go in the future.

your trailer though I would go with White or color match the tow vehicle.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
FYI: Sandstorm is Toyota Color Code 4U0. It has been replaced for 2011 by Quicksand, which I believe is Color Code 2KP. Here's one of each in the same light...
IMG_201120c.jpg

I love my Sandstorm, but it is a very neutral color. Quicksand you really have to see in person as various photographs make it look entirely different.

Last edited:

bob

Adventurer
Looks like a quality build, and down the road you may want to sell it. Having it the same color as the tow vehicles some times takes buyers out of the market. I have a voodoo blue FJ , powdercoated my trailer ther same. Held it through two possible buyers due to the color. If it had been white, it would have went the first day.

But if you plan to keep it for ever, make it a matched set. Looks good that way, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94