Thought I'd mention that I've completed my 'Take On Africa' cycle ride from the UK to Cape Town.
It took 20 months to cycle 25,000km through 24 countries.
A few highlights / good reads:
- Cycling across the Western Sahara
- 2 weeks cycling the back roads of Guinea Bissau
- 2 weeks paddling a pirogue down the Niger River in Guinea
- Crossing from Gabon to Rep. Congo on the ****test road ever!
- Spending 3 months in the DRC: cycling from Kinshasa to Lubumbashi, getting lost in the forest, drinking beer with my pet python and a five-day train ride.
- Encoutering a lion on the road in Botswana and a jackal stealing my food in Namibia
If you're interested, you can read my journal/blog and see loads more photos here