Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This European Life: an Open Travelogue

Writing from beautiful Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. I could not load the pictures on this hostel computer, but I will on Monday. Until then, enjoy this little piece of writing from a city so vicious, it leaves Las Vegas to shame.

This European Life: Five Snippets from Amsterdam

Meetup tomorrow!

New post this week, narrating all three days I spent in Holland.
    I also added photographs for the previous post!

Enjoy! Hopefully I can write again before I leave for the USA.
    Remember to subscribe to my new Facebook page!

Fantastic, thanks for sharing.
    Ray Hyland
    Explorers Club Member, RCGS Fellow, Member of Overland International Inc.
    www.nwoverlandrally.com www.expeditionportal.com www.overlandjournal.com
    1993 D110 (Diesel), 1954 86" Station Wagon, 1954 86" Pickup, 2004 Ford Explorer
    1969 Suzuki AC100 Wolf, 2005 YZF250F, 1971 Carabela

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Hyland View Post
    Fantastic, thanks for sharing.
    Thanks to you for viewing!

A little bit off topic (due to the lack of travel on this one), I thought I would write a little bit on one of the rarest cars I ever worked on. This one is pretty much one of a kind, and I bet many of you never knew it even existed!

This European Life: Mercedes SLR Transporter

In other news, I am departing for the US on Monday!
    Wish me luck with my new life!

Finally, after almost a month in silence, an update! Yes, I have a girlfriend now, so she has taken her very well-deserved share of time. I have, however, been writing these little vignettes for days, so bear with me! I have not forgotten about you!

This European Life: Five Snippets from the East Coast.

Life is going to get very, very interesting now...
    Last edited by Delibes; 02-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Always excited to meet other members anywhere in the world! Check out my travelogue, This European Life.

subscribed! You might just be a lot of fun! Welcome to the looney farm, the inmates can be kinda fun.
    Law of Mechanical Repair:
    "After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!"
    ...Don Dieball

Dig your site. It's funny but I'm almost your opposite. Met my Spanish wife at Cal Poly SLO back in '98 and four years ago moved to Madrid. Just 6 months ago we moved up to Galicia, outside of La Coruña. León is a pretty cool city too, passed through my first time while driving back from a snowboarding weekend at San Isidro and again while mountain biking the Camino back in July '09. The stoned glass of the cathedral is some of most impressive I've seen.

Subscribed!
    Luis and Lacey - Lost World Expedition Facebook
    Ongoing overland trip from the U.S. to Ushuaia, Argentina in an '87 FJ60. On the road since July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    Dig your site. It's funny but I'm almost your opposite. Met my Spanish wife at Cal Poly SLO back in '98 and four years ago moved to Madrid. Just 6 months ago we moved up to Galicia, outside of La Coruña. León is a pretty cool city too, passed through my first time while driving back from a snowboarding weekend at San Isidro and again while mountain biking the Camino back in July '09. The stoned glass of the cathedral is some of most impressive I've seen.
    Amazing! Thanks for the compliments! I am a big fan of Gothic architecture and I have the feeling that Castile does not get visited enough compared to Barcelona, per say. Oh, if all of amazing culinary treasures were also revealed to more visitors, alas!

Anyway, straight to the point: I am currently in Wichita, and here is what has happened since Brooklyn!

Always excited to meet other members anywhere in the world! Check out my travelogue, This European Life.

Irony.

I've only recently discovered this community and begun to explore it. Today, I decide I want to spend my lunch hour living vicariously through those who embody the spirits of adventure and freedom embodied by the automobile. And here I find someone posting an update from "The Air Capital City." I worked two jobs for three years to escape Wichita just over a decade ago.

The grass is always greener, right? Subscribed to your blog, mate. Press on regardless.
    Brian Driggs | Gearbox Magazine | Gearheads United
    1989 Dodge Raider & 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast