This European Life: an Open Travelogue

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Hello everyone,
My name is Miguel and I was originally born and raised in Castile, Spain. For a time, now, I have been blogging about my ownership experience with my dear Newport, a Mercedes 300TD station wagon. The link is [url]http://300td.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Most of what I have written relates to my epic moving adventure across the United States to the San Francisco Bay area, but it further continues with occasional drives and meditations on the way to self-empowerment.

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I do traveling all over! I will soon do it for a living through an online TV show... I will keep you updated on this!

Last edited by a moderator:

haven

Expedition Leader
Welcome to ExPo, Miguel! Your blog is a welcome departure from the "mounted the new tires today" sort of uninspiring drivel that is found online. Please keep us posted about your travels, and your new venture into online tv.

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
New update: 12/17/11

I am currently writing from Barcelona, Spain... I am here to visit the family. In this new post, I talk about my project in Manhattan and return home.
Being here, would anybody be interested on a meetup in Barcelona or close? I will also be going to Madrid (Spain), Leon (Spain) and the Netherlands to visit one of the most famous overlanders: Jurgen (www.300td.org), who chose a Mercedes 300TD wagon for his adventures in Africa and Asia. His car is parked in Kazakhstan now, but still, he lives in the Netherlands.

IMG_2813.jpg

The Adventures of Newport: Now Here - Now There

Enjoy this chapter! There's a bunch of photos in this one - for a change.

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Since it will be very likely that I will be driving several vehicles throughout my adventures, I decided to rename my online travelogue / journal as "This European Life", a spinoff on the well-known radio programme.

In this entry, things get more personal. Allow me to introduce you to the most important reason behind my travels in the Americas, as well as some great food and unexpected celebrity status.

IMG_0034.jpg

This European Life: Where Home Lies (Part II)

Happy New Year to everyone! Let's hope this one is not as apocalyptic as the Mayans say... I am sure great things will happen!

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Finally, the last part of my hometown trilogy, dedicated to some very personal places from my childhood and the amazing food there. This is also the first post where I include video footage from my travels! My loyal Canon G9 is iffy, so I got a new point-and-shoot that fits neatly in my pocket.

IMG_0071.jpg

This European Life: Where Home Lies (Part III)

Leaving for Holland tomorrow! Ready to meet some more motorheads from the Mercedes-Benz forums!
I am also open to any overlanders who would like to join in the last minute.

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Thanks to you for viewing!

A little bit off topic (due to the lack of travel on this one), I thought I would write a little bit on one of the rarest cars I ever worked on. This one is pretty much one of a kind, and I bet many of you never knew it even existed!

This European Life: Mercedes SLR Transporter

In other news, I am departing for the US on Monday!
Wish me luck with my new life!

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Finally, after almost a month in silence, an update! Yes, I have a girlfriend now, so she has taken her very well-deserved share of time. I have, however, been writing these little vignettes for days, so bear with me! I have not forgotten about you!

This European Life: Five Snippets from the East Coast.

Life is going to get very, very interesting now...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste