This European Life: an Open Travelogue

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
I was involved in a dreadful accident with the car, I came out unscathed but the poor wagon is not even suitable as a parts car. I took some time yesterday to write a detailed account of the accident and my concerns for the future of this trip... at this point, I am on the fence about interrupting it and go back home to see the family and earn some money.

THIS EUROPEAN LIFE: The Most Dangerous Road

pagoda

whoa, sorry to hear and see that - metal gets repaired, the important part is that you are ok...destiny must have something positive out of this..

no hay mal que por bien no venga.. as they say..

good luck with the recovery!

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
whoa, sorry to hear and see that - metal gets repaired, the important part is that you are ok...destiny must have something positive out of this..

no hay mal que por bien no venga.. as they say..

good luck with the recovery!

Well, now I will use the remainder of the money to start up my 4x4 export company. I will write a post about it; you will certainly hear about this! I honestly have no idea how I did not break a SINGLE bone or damaged my spine. I am immensely lucky to crash with a 30-year-old car and come out in one piece!

- - - - - - - -

A little late, but the accident stopped things so suddenly I had to take a break to recover. The article about my experience in Venezuela was so lengthy I had to divide it into three parts. On this first part, I narrate everything ranging from my departure from Medellín to my arrival to the town of San Cristóbal... enjoy! :)

THIS EUROPEAN LIFE
THE GREAT VENEZUELAN ADVENTURE, PART ONE

stioc

Expedition Leader
Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad you walked away without any injuries. It's hard to believe it after seeing the pics. You're one lucky guy- and I'm sure a way forward will come to be known soon enough, may be that story with Mercedes...

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad you walked away without any injuries. It's hard to believe it after seeing the pics. You're one lucky guy- and I'm sure a way forward will come to be known soon enough, may be that story with Mercedes...

The journey continues, no doubt... this time, on different grounds. I am blessed and thankful for this second chance at life! ;)
- - - - - - - -
One... two... and third release of my doings in Venezuela. Wrapping up the adventure now! Following next, will be a series called "Red Plate Diaries" on the process of setting up my import/export company, "Oliden Group", and a tour around Spain looking for cars!

THIS EUROPEAN LIFE
The Great Venezuelan Adventure (III)

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
The expedition is officially over. This post, one of the most emotive I have written in a while, addresses the change from PanAmerican adventurer to a new encounter with my birthplace. Deciding to stop was a tough decision, but one that I do not regret, nonetheless. Re-discovering home is something I needed to come to terms with, and now it has been the best time to do so.

From here on, I will be posting my adventures as I hunt for vehicles all over Europe in a series of posts called "Red Plate Diaries", named after the particularly colored dealer plates in Spain. I am sure you will enjoy my European tour as much as you have enjoyed my adventures on the PanAm!

My business, Oliden Group, has a facebook page where you can keep track of the vehicles (and other products) I will export to the USA. Who knows? Maybe you'd like to buy one! :)

This European Life: A New Beginning

Wainiha

Explorer
Is that the wagon? Shoot! At least you're OK. I don't like seeing people get hurt or their rigs. Unfortunatly life has tests for us to pass.

Looking foward to a new thread. Aloha.

Delibes

Drat, double drat!
Well... now that I am back in Spain not much has been going on. In my recovery I have founded Oliden Group, shipped my first G-Wagen (due at the end of this month) and dedicated myself to polish up my automotive journalism. Having shared the classroom with many a hipster, I though it was about time to write an article on hipsterdom and vehicles!

THIS EUROPEAN LIFE: The Top 15 Quintessentially Hipster Cars

Expect an article at the beginning of this month narrating the Mercedes Gelandewagen odyssey, from its purchase to its arrival to the US!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles