The CrowsWing - Offroad Teardrop Trailer

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
Ah, that was Murphy at work on your camera. What are the odds it hit the only exposed bit of concrete.
My wife and I have a running joke. When stuff like that happens, you know the one in a zillion chance, we say: "we should go play MegaBucks". Of course we never do.

bob

Adventurer
You guys are doing a great job on this. Very interesting, can hardly watit to see it setting up.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Time for a new Camera, Jim. Given your shooting-style, and existing familiarity with Canon, you might want to go straight to the Powershot S100. Now I know what to get you for Christmas!

Anyway, I'm digging this project. Keep up the great work!

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Time for a new Camera, Jim. Given your shooting-style, and existing familiarity with Canon, you might want to go straight to the Powershot S100. Now I know what to get you for Christmas!

Anyway, I'm digging this project. Keep up the great work!

Oddly enough, I figured out that I do need a new camera. Unfortunately my "shooting-style" doesn't fit well with a 400 dollar camera.....the G9 itself was way more sophisticated than I was capable of dealing with. I'm leaning toward something more on the shockproof side......knowing the last two cameras met their demise to clumsiness.....I think shockproof is the way to go......

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
We still have your original digital camera that you handed down to us and it's still goin' strong after all these years. And it's been dropped at work a few times. You want it back? You guys always do such nice work on all your projects and it's good to see you deep in a project again. I don't think Elizabeth is really happy unless she has some major project to focus her energies upon.

BTW I'm heading down Clarion way Thursday, let me know if you want me to check in on your rolling stock whilst I'm down that way.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Our new camera arrived on Saturday. It's an Olympus Tough 610. Waterproof, freezeproof and shockproof. That should cover our bases for potential damage from clumsiness. It's nice and easy to use, hopefully it takes decent photos too.
Olympus-TG-610.jpg

It may be jumping the gun a little bit, but I also picked up a set of Fusion stemware from Wine Enthusiast. These are real crystal, and virtually unbreakable (we'll see;)) We will need a quality set of wine glasses for the trailer and if these can endure the travelling it'll be an improvement over the Lexan or the stainless glasses we use now.

While I napped after work (hey, I had to be in at 4AM, worked until 1PM, I'm old and had 4 hours sleep the night before - you'd nap too!), Beth drew out the details for the Kitchen/Bedroom bulkhead. It has cutouts for the wine rack, an electrical chase, and access to the plumbing for the exterior water fill and D&W Spray-away. It also has a dado for the floor of the bed to set in.

Christmas Day gave us quite a bit of time to spend on the trailer.
Here's a shot of the first wall glued up and ready for trimming.

Beth used a trim router to flush trim the door and window and the curves for the nose and hatch.

Then all the edges got a good sanding

After that is was back to glueing.

The last thing we were able to get done on Sunday was cutting the dado for the bed floor and the kitchen bulkhead into the wall. That was a little nerve racking to watch, but we did a lot of measuring and remeasuring (measure thrice cut once!) and Beth does an admirable job with the router, especially considering the confines of the garage....half of which is (at that point) taken up by the other wall with glue drying

The finished wall looks good I think.....you can see it looks quite teardroppish now.

bob

Adventurer
Nothing like a well trained man around the house. lol Makes the house a lot quieter and more friendly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste