Removing Anti-theft lug nuts.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
The adapter has disappeared for these. Irony is that I had been planning to ditch them for weeks now and have the standard nuts already. Went to do the job this AM and no tool...

Any ideas on how to remove this? Called a tire store and they said they use a torch. Not gonna happen... Any ideas are appreciated!

28aafa61.jpg

Last edited:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Every time I've had to remove them, I've given a welding shop $5 to attach a bolt head. You might try the same with some epoxy or JB... It only has to last long enough to break the bolt.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Been there done that I use a socket, hammer/wedge it in and then unscrew. Worked for me twice now. WARNING: Wheel damage may occur.
If you want a cleaner job, go to any tire shop and they have a "special" tool to remove those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Have you tried the dealership or another tire store? It looks similar to the wheel lock I had on mine.

Incidentally I ditched the locking lug nuts after I couldn't remove the wheel from a flat I had on the side of the road with my Prius and the toothed key adapter broke. Ended up getting towed to a local Toyota dealership who had the right lug.

huntertibbs

When I worked for a tire shop we used the sockets with the teeth that you pound on with a hammer. I bought a set at AutoZone for like 20 bucks. Works every time, best thing I've found for those round ones with the pattern in them

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

huntertibbs

This is what they look like

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319744401862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319744401862.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 257

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Well, I got lucky! The safety locks were sold by the Lexus dealer! Took it too the Lexus shop (three bays next to the four bays for Toyota) and they removed all four and replaced them with four new regular ones - and did it for free! I couldn't believe it.

Not wanting to seem unappreciative, I took them some chocolate covered bacon.
:luxhello:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94