After months of looking, I finally found a top. I looked into ordering one, but shipping costs killed my dreams. I will say that Fiberine was the best on shipping, but I couldnt handle 4k for the super camper delivered. It only got worse from there, Sampson fiberglass has some nice tops dirt cheap, but $1800 for shipping wasnt going to work either. So, cruising around one day I saw this gem (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I've worn my share of beer goggles) but she looked good to me.
I didnt even mind the work I would have to do, I figure i will attatch plywood to the inside, and diamond plate on the outer and go from there.
So I went to talk to the mechanic and it turned out the van had been abandoned after some work had been done to it, so he was looking to regain some lost dinero and a deal was struck. I took a few hours a day before work to work on her.
Working my way around.......
After a few hours, 643 screws and rivets, 20lbs of sealant, I have lift off.
after some clean up, the liner is a breeze.
And finally loaded up and headed home
Will see how it goes this week, but I am hoping the hard part is over and attatching it will go smoothly.