where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Jwestpro

Explorer
The company that made my spare tire carrier originally only made it to carry a high lift jack. I asked them to make a Roto pax carrier as trying to mount a Scepter can would simply would not work and keep things tucked in.
Tire and wheel choice was based on cost. The tire was the same as my OEM tire and I'm not going to get rid of a new tire so everything looks the same.
I've been doing this for a very long time and have a slight idea what I am doing. )check my above picture) I'm not doing any technical stuff and the slight overhang has never been an issue.
I have a steel suspension and a spacer lift from Germany in the shelf. That should give me a 1 1/2 lift.

The six spd is great and it was extremely difficult to find a dealer to order me the car I have. I believe I have the last one imported to the US.

Your choice of steel springs and 6 spd ought to make for a long term more reliable vehicle or at least fewer headaches. I totally understand on the wheel/tire situation. Did you ever consider the factory swing arm carrier? It looked slick and snug.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There is NO factory external tire carrier for the 2013 Cayenne. It was an available on some very early models. With my full sized spare I have two spares.

In the back I have two refrigerators a 25 qt Dometic and a 15 qt Engle .

Jwestpro

Explorer
ok, sorry. I just know the carrier is available for all of the previous generation Cayenne. Too bad, it was a good solution.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There is nothing for the newer model Cayenne. I've been trying to figure out how to get some aux lighting mounted up front.

Cole

Expedition Leader
This thread desperately needs some updates!

Update:"Gave" Cayenne Turbo to wife, built Sprinter and VW Eurovan Syncro expo rigs because my daughter and dogs fit in it better!

......Still love my CTT!!! Just let the wife daily drive it since it was getting very little use and I couldn't stand for it to just sit there. She gave up her rare S6 Avant for it!!

CORDSIG79

Observer
Oh my new daily driver is a 2007 FJ 2x4 with rear locker. Bed roll, gym bag, and its good to go....

My God the rock chips on the windshield....

CORDSIG79

Observer
It's well engineered and stable at 200k miles, no cracking, no worn bushings, control arms are study.... Bilstein shocks in working order .

Well built.... Could be a restatement.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
OK like mine. I have a spacer lift I ordered from Germany waiting to be installed. It will be a big job as the rear cargo area has to be removed to get to the suspension bolts.

kbahus

Adventurer
I did a fuel pump and filter in a Turbo model the other day and the light bulb in my head turned on after looking it over. The prices in my area are super cheap for one of these plus I have years of VW/Audi shop experience so it's not all foreign to me. I never really cared for the Touareg, but a CTT checks all the boxes and would make a sweet Midwest/UP exploration rig and daily driver.

CORDSIG79

Observer
Yeah, I'm 0 intimidated on 955 CTT.

I'll keep this updated but big vision... I was about to get some fortune auto coil overs, think higher, not lower.

Set this rig up over the next few years as my overland rig. Then sneak in bigger tires like Cole 😋.

I'm thinking of what a decent exhaust would be if any...

Vantage

Adventurer
OK like mine. I have a spacer lift I ordered from Germany waiting to be installed. It will be a big job as the rear cargo area has to be removed to get to the suspension bolts.

Any luck with the spacer lift?

I have done countless research on 11+ Touareg and Cayenne lift options. You seem to be the first one to attempt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94