'89 GMC Suburban restoration/build up project.

ajmaudio

Adventurer
Thank you man!
The crossmember is made by TNA, totallynakedauto.com.

I'm running Diy4X (diy4x.com) B52 spring hangers, Offroad Design (offroaddesign.com) upper shackle hangers with 4.5" grease-able shackles and custom made leaf springs. The springs are a 3.5" lift with the axle placed 1" forward. I'm using Bilstein 5100 14" shocks but they don't have enough dampening for these springs. I'll end up with some 7100s in the same length. Upper and lower shock mounts, I designed and built. I'm set up as low as you can get with crossover steering and leaf springs. I'm running a flatter pitman arm from Offroad design to allow more up-travel and still only have 4.5-5" up from ride height. I've got a ton of droop though, you probably saw that in the Moab pics. I just about max out my 14" shocks.

If you need more specifics, PM me.

You can have 5100s revalved by the right person....

rayra

Expedition Leader
I got those bump stops installed several weeks ago, when I did my cheap mods to my suspension and steering. Turns out they were a wedge-fit in the cup. There's a couple cut slots, almost like louvers in the rim of the cup that grab the base of the foam beehive. So I cleaning things up, sprayed a little silicone lube on things, got the far side locked in and then worked the near side in with a rounded pry tool, came out fine, easy swap. And all I had to do was pry out the old ones.

frontsuspensiontweaks05_zpsdf3xcp4b.jpg

failed to mention it earlier, REALLY like the fitment on the winch, in your bumper. Did you know your winch dimensions before designing / building your bumper, or was it a happy accident? I'm thinking the former as it all really goes together nicely.

superbuickguy

Explorer
nice build - gives me so great ideas for mine. The picture with the JKs makes me laugh, though, remember when Suburbans were the biggest thing on the trails? now they're not much bigger then a Jeep.

beauregard

Beautiful build. I'm shopping for an LS for my '85 suburban and I was wondering if you ever wish you had the 6.0 instead of the 5.3l?

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles