2011 v8 Colorado build

onelow1ton

Adventurer
2011 v8 Colorado build (sas underway)

Got this truck about 3 months ago and so far got it lifted with a rancho 4" suspension lift, cranked the torsion bars 2" , put an add a leaf in the rear for 2" more and a suspension maxx 1.5" body lift. It has 315/70/17 treadwright guard dogs on black procomp D-windows, I have a smittybilt x20 10k winch that I'll be building bumpers for soon, I have but not installed yet Doug thorley tri-y headers and MBRP dual exhaust, I have an ARE cx topper and I also have a extang full tilt soft bed cover and a roof basket for the cap forget the brand now still need to pick it up from a friend , I just bought a camping lab rtt from a member on here and will be picking it up on saturday.

I have lots of plains for this truck also I have a build thread for a m416 look a like I'm just now starting to build here is the link to that
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/45428-my-off-road-camping-trailer-slow-build

Now on to the pix
When I first got it
055c1fa8.jpg

Had just got done blacking out all the ugly chrome and swapped out the paint and chrome for some all black painted ones
3e367e1a.jpg

Got rid of the big funky resonator and put a k&n filter in
4e1cf2bc.jpg

Finished installing the front lift and pulled it out to clean the floor before I started the rear and the blue cap I drove 3 hours one way to pick it up
d42933e2.jpg

Lift all done and cap off for a quick color change
c3e5ff4b.jpg

How it sits now
204dc2cf.jpg

The headers
1ca6b7e9.jpg

The mbrp exhaust
7ee97805.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

A V-8 in that little truck has to be fuuuuuun when you put the happy peddle to the floor...lol.

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Wish my dad's wasn't a straight 5 now...
I had an 06 that was lifted like this one but with 33s and the I5 did well pushing it but the v8 is way better ;)

I am liking it! Definitely an overlooked option in this community.
Thanks. Yeah the colorados seam to get overlooked by everyone even chevy they were stupid not to advertise that they put a v8 in it every one that asks me about it first question is how hard was it to get the v8 in there and then they are shocked when I tell them it's came with it

A V-8 in that little truck has to be fuuuuuun when you put the happy peddle to the floor...lol.
oh yeah it's nice to have 300 hp on tap when you want it

And thanks everyone else for the coments

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Reminds me of my H3 Alpha. ;) It does look awesome!!!! Congrats.

Who's headers are those? Also mbrp?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Reminds me of my H3 Alpha. ;) It does look awesome!!!! Congrats.

Who's headers are those? Also mbrp?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks . I would not mind finding a stock iron front diff with locker out of a alpha but at the cost I have been seeing I'll just wait a year or two and just sas it

The headers were just released about a month ago by Doug thorley they are tri-y headers

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I just got rid of my iron diff. I did a solid axle conversion. Shame we hadn't crossed paths before. Doug Thorley makes amazing headers!!! :D Thanks for the info.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I am liking it! Definitely an overlooked option in this community.

I think the colorado is one of the cleanest looking pickups out there...not sure of interior quality but IMO the front end is stylish and means business...wish the manual tranny was an option for the V8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles