Smittybilt XRC-8 PARTS

SilverBullet

Explorer
My old Smittybilt winch broke, I guess from the previous use since I only tried it once. The motor side is shot, but gears and drum, as well as cable and other parts are good. Let me know what you need.

SilverBullet

Explorer
Yup, the motor is all that broke, so everything else is available. Remote Is sold though. You have the first generation with the 3 pin, not the black rotating lock in plug, right?

SilverBullet

Explorer
I will look, but the only reliable ones I can find are new. Had bad luck already once.

At $299 for a new winch, I don't want to pay $249 from 4WP for a new motor assembly.

EDIT: PM me any links, I searched ebay with no luck, must have the wrong key words.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I have the SAME thing. Perfect winch, bad motor. 4WP qouted me $305 for a replacment motor. I would greatly appreciate a link to a $70 dollar replacement. I dont think it exists, but I hope Im wrong.

EDIT: Did your magnets come loose too?

XJ Mulisha

Observer
FYI, if you buy one from 4WP you can ask for a warranty, it is for 3 years and it costs 10% of the price of the item. It is a no questions asked warranty. Buy a new one there with warranty and bring back your broken one get it exhanged and sell the new one.

SilverBullet

Explorer
FYI, if you buy one from 4WP you can ask for a warranty, it is for 3 years and it costs 10% of the price of the item. It is a no questions asked warranty. Buy a new one there with warranty and bring back your broken one get it exhanged and sell the new one.

Sorry, I don't work that way. This winch is the first generation anyway, too easy to notice the swap even if I did.

ginericLC

Adventurer
Or you could just save your pennies awhile longer and buy one that won't break. These winches are made in China and I'm not sure if you've noticed or not but their metallurgy isn't exactly on par with the US, Japan, or Europe. Or even buy a used Warn, Ramsey, or older Superwinch for about the same price.

SilverBullet

Explorer
I don't want to start this debate here, but let me just tell you I was not the original owner for this winch. My first XRC was great, and many companies have tested all the brands and found these cheaper brands hold their own for casual use just fine, but thanks for the ideas. I watch CL all the time, but not many working Winchester get sold.

This thread is for anyone who may need parts, not to start the famous winch debate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior