Been watching the action over here for quite some time and thought I'd officially introduce myself.
I have been working on building up my 100 mainly for overland/expedition travel for the last 6 months and as I near the completion date, I find myself on this forum more often to get insight on trip planning, provisioning, and the like. Looks like you guys have a strong community and I look forward to participating!
It all started with a white 99 w/ 130k miles that I purchased in 2009. After one month in that vehicle, I knew the the 100 series was going to be a keeper so I started looking for a low mileage model in my favorite color (Riverock Green Mica - 1C3):
After searching around for a while I finally found what I was looking for. A 2002 UZJ100 with 82K on the clock. It had been owned by a doctor and had been garaged full-time both at home and work. Here is my 02 Land cruiser as she sat the day I got her (please excuse the terrible quality of the photos):
Note: I removed the gold pin striping on the drive home!
It has been a fun 6 months learning the ins and outs of automotive maintenance. Previous to this vehicle, I had never taken a wrench to an automobile. Now I can replace an axle on-trail!
And here is the latest incarnation of the build:
I have done a fairly good job at documenting progress along the way so if anyone is interested, I could show the build at different stages while describing anything notable during the modifications.
I have met a handful of you in person and look forward to seeing many more of you in the future!
Mods to date include:
- Remove running boards
- Remove gold pin striping
- De-bling (remove gold emblems and replace with chrome. Plasti-Dip emblems in black)
- Remove vibration dampener
- Remove bug/sunroof wind deflector
- 03-07 Land cruiser 18" wheels (painted in Duplicolor Mazda graphite)
- 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
- 1.25" front wheel spacers (Just Differentials)
- McMaster-Carr SS smooth band w/ rolled edge CV boot clamps
- TJM T-15 (steel) front bumper (sourced from ih8mud member in OZ)
- White Knuckle Offroad DOM sliders w/ kickout
- Slee single swing-out rear bumper
- Hi-Lift Extreme 60" trail jack
- Titan TW12 12,000 lb 6.6 hp winch w/ wireless - 3/8" Dyneema (Amsteel Blue) synthetic line
- Viking safety thimble/rock guard
- Slee fairlead aluminum hauze for synthetic line
- 4.88 Nitro gears (Just Differentials)
- ARB front and rear air lockers
- ARB high capacity on-board air compressor
- OME (Old Man Emu) 303001 torsion bars
- OME 863 rear springs 3" lift @ 300-500 lbs.
- Slee differential drop
- Carl's UCAs (Just differentials)
- King 2.5 shocks w/ remote reservoirs
- Fog light switch mod
- Slee dual battery tray
- SpressoFAB 80/100 series frame recovery brackets
- Yakima rail grabs w/ 50' cross bars and boatloader
- Lightforce Blitz 240 modded to 100W HID w/ blue combo filters
- 55W 5000K DDM HID low beams
- Philips HIR 9011 high beams
- 5W Q5 CREE high power LED reverse bulbs in OEM sockets
- Full LED interior (11 OEM locations)
- 500W power inverter
- Catch-All Xtreme front floor mats
- Catch-All middle row floor mat
- WeatherTech Digital Fit cargo liner
- Window tint
- Mobile 1 synthetics all around
- Mobil 1 M1-209 oil filter (60% greater capacity that OEM)
- TJM AirTec snorkel
- Timbren front and rear bump stops
- DT stainless steel headers
- Front Runner Slimline 2.2m roof rack
- 50" LED light bar
- 2" LED work/backup light (mounted on Slee rear bumper)