Looking at a 4runner, Need Some Good Advice

CAM24

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some opinions on this 2006 4runner I found in my area. They are asking $13,500 for it. What do you think would be a fair price for it? I know it's little information for you to go on, but does it seem like a sound vehicle? Anything to look out for at that mileage? I'm ready to jump on a 4runner right away, as soon as I find the right one. Thanks!

Here is the link to the vehicle:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=11&ref=srl

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
too low?

That price is low for around here (NC) is the title clear or a rebuild/salvage?

btt

18seeds

Explorer
V6 and high mileage are always going for cheap in my neck of the woods (CO). The price would be double that for a V8 with low mileage.

It does have the 3rd row seats which is rare.

CAM24

Yeah the title is clear on it. I just took it for a long test drive. It runs like new, and the brakes have recently been serviced. The only thing I didn't like about it was the headliner was all gashed and dirty and the driver side visor was worn out and won't stay up. Things I could easily fix. So, I went in to talk numbers with the guy and he told me there would be no room to negotiate and I said hold on a second, since when does anyone pay the advertised price for a used car? We argued for a minute about what the trade in realistically is on it, and he laughed at me and said he'd have absolutely no trouble selling it. He also claimed that they have over 14000 in it and will be losing money on it. That, I had a very hard time believing. So I basically told him the price was not justifiable with that many miles on it, hoping he would loosen up a little, but he didn't so I left. I'm a little disappointed!

CAM24

Ok thanks. I found a few more I want to look at, but I appreciate the help. It's not a bad price, I guess I was just expecting to get to haggle a LITTLE bit.

SilverBullet

Explorer
Could have a loan, so that makes the price firm. I say though, if it doesn't feel right, then look elsewhere, but that is just me.

jason04

Observer
I'm a car dealer and that is a far price if it's in good condition and drives nice. You'll find a lot more dealers going to set prices on their vehicles. With the Internet you have to put your best price out there just to get people to come look at your cars. Remember, if you want to sleep in the back of the runner the 3rd row seat model is not for you... The second row doesn't fold into the floor like the 3rd gen runners. The second row tumbles forward leaving the floor uneven and with net less room and over all length.

Btw, I love the 4th gens. Best of luck!

CAM24

Thanks for the inside info Jason. Also, I didn't know that about the seats in the 3rd row seat configuration. Thanks for the heads up.

phsycle

Adventurer
One nice thing about the 3rd row (besides hauling extra kids) is the rear (middle) seats recline. It's nice for long trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles