1985 Defender 110 3-door - Expedition equipped, not perfect

ExploringNH

Explorer
I am looking to sell my 1985 Defender 110, RHD. 200tdi. 159k miles

Panama132.jpgPanama127.jpg

The truck has received an extensive amount of attention but could still use a little bit more. I just drove this truck from Canada to Colombia. The truck is mechanically sound and ready to take you any distance around the globe. Currently located in Colombia, but can be shipped easily. I may continue traveling until it sells so it may end up further south. I am sure I am forgetting a lot of stuff that should be listed in an ad, but just ask questions and I will answer. I dont know what to list this truck at. I have no idea what a fair price is or what other trucks are selling for. I know what I paid to get it and what I put into it since then and believe my starting number is very fair.

I'll put it out there at $19,000. Truck is available now!

Photos and build-up (three pages):
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ender-110-build-up-for-South-American-travels

Problems-
Rust: Bulkhead near the windshield mounts is rusted. Drivers door frame bottom is rusted but the door is still very solid. Back door frame is gone, needs replacement ASAP. Frame is solid with the exception of a small hole near one of the outriggers. I don't know why it has a hole there when the rest of it is solid, but it does. Rear crossmember is rusted.

Heater controls not hooked up. Missing one of the little green clips to hold the cable. New style fan connector doesn't match old harness. Need to adapt or cut and splice.

Starter sometimes takes a few clicks to engage. I believe this to be a loose connection or bad ground. It started somewhere around Nicaragua, stopped shortly after, and has now returned in Colombia.

Body is dented in a couple areas and the inside has holes drilled in the tub for the cabinets. Truck is being sold as-is with pretty much all of the expedition equipment. I was planning on keeping my GPS stuff and jerry cans, small stuff, but they can be sold with the truck if necessary.

Speedo doesn't work after transmission install. I believe that it will be an easy fix but I haven't looked. All my mileage and speed is tracked by my GPS. Truck has roughly 152k miles on it now. I will have to go look and see what the exact figure is.

Parts replaced @148k August, 2010:
-radiator
-upper radiator hose
-drive belt
-timing belt/pulley
-water pump
-thermostat
-fan and viscous coupling
-front wheel bearings (both sides, inner and outer)
-new front rotors and pads
-new front Calipers
-hurculiner in cab area and seat box
-clutch (resurfaced flywheel, new throwout bearing, clutch fork)
-clutch slave
-front main seal
-rear main seal
-input/output seals on transmission and transfercase
-u-joints on both driveshafts
-all fluids
-fuel filter
-head gasket and the head was re-machined
-fuel injector return lines
-bosal exhaust

@149k April, 2011
-windshield & seal
-sound dampening on firewall+doors
-headliner
-undercoated everything
-hub caps x4
-both headlight finishers
-all front marker/turn lights
-Both window regulators re-greased
-Complete Heater Matrix (includes core)
-Dual Batteries, Group 78
-New tires - 285/75/16 (with two new spares)
-New wheels - 16x8
-Pitman arm with ball joint
-Steering damper
-Rear axle seals (both sides, inner and outer)
-Rear wheel bearings (both sides, inner and outer)
-Ujoints greased
-Front door seals (both sides)
-Vent seals
-Rear ARB locker
-Pinion bearings (rear)
-Pinion seal (rear)
-ALL suspension bushings - ALL, even the hard ones.
-Sway bar end links
-Springs (OME heavy)
-Shocks (OME)
-Headlights (halogen)

@157k miles, October 2011:
-Rebuilt transfer case
-Ashcroft LT77 transmission

Aftermarket @150k, May/June 2011:
-OME Lift
-LED Lights (50" bar and two 10" bars - Rigid iindustries)
-HID Lights (two 7" Rugged Ridge)
-ARB Air Locker (rear)
-Roof Tent
-Tires
-Guages (EGT, Tach (EGT not drilled/tapped but is pre-wired))
-Roof Rack
-Wheels
-Awning
-Air Compressor
-Fuse Block
-Inverter
-Fridge Edgestar (47qt?)
-Replica NAS front cage. Not tied to frame. Designed as support for light but still very strong.
-Stickers are vinyl and can be peeled off.

Last edited:

ExploringNH

Explorer
After talking with a few people I have lowered the starting price to $21,000. The truck will be available in December, 2011 but I could be convinced to part with it earlier.

ExploringNH

Explorer
Price revised to $19k. Shipping is easy and not as expensive as you may think. If you are curious, PM me for info. I can have the truck shipped into Houston, Miami, or Savannah. I can arrange full door-door delivery if required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier