Interesting lid idea, Not mine

McZippie

Walmart Adventure Camper
Like it!

Interesting.... A few days ago I responded to a post about an inexpensive way to water proof plywood and mention how to do it with canvas and paint.

I plan on building a removable flat top out of Starboard with a roof rack, that is hinged to open but won't have the hinges welded or screwed to the military trailer tub. It will cost about $200.00 for the parts and material.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I think it is a great Idea. You might get a good duckcanvas , to use that way you would not have to paint if you did not want to.

Chief_919

Observer
I have done similar, using a regular milspec canvas tarp. The 6x8 size is a perfect fit for doing this, just make sure you get a quality American made one.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I have done similar, using a regular milspec canvas tarp. The 6x8 size is a perfect fit for doing this, just make sure you get a quality American made one.

Agreed! My first top was made of a wooden frame/ribs and covered in (cheap) canvas.

One spark from a grinder, and I had a flaming lid!

I covered my current wooden top with aluminum flashing to seal it, after 2 hard MN winters took their toll.

It's about time for a new lid, may do something along these lines, with extra steel supports where the RTT mounts.:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94