Camper Shell Tent?

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Has anyone had any experience with these tents?

http://www.eatel.net/~dacinc/trucks.html

http://www.tentsontrucks.com/midsize.html

They appear to be the same tent, but they don't look too sturdy. But for the price, I guess thats some what expected. I've adapted my old truck bed tent to work for now, but the way the floor of the tent fell apart after a year or two I don't imagine the rest of it will hold up much longer...

IMG_5552.jpg

The corners of the lift gate really poke out into the tent and I feel that thats going to be the first place to go. I also thought about possibly having a canvas shop make me something that might be a bit sturdier? Any other ideas?

Thanks. :088:

FettsWay

Adventurer
IMG_1460.JPG

I bought this a few years ago and have used it quite a bit for truck camping. Not sure of the brand, but I bought it online for around $100. Fits nice and secure over the camper shell, I have rode out a few rain storms in it, with strong wind shaking the truck.

The tent fits over the open camper shell lid on the back, but the lid won't stay up under the weight of the tent when lashed down, so I use 2 dow rods to act as support and keep the lid up while in use.

It has always been a great and easy setup. Only complaint was that one of the zippers broke soon after I got it, but I just didn't worry about it.

The tent has a mesh zipper as well, so you can just leave the screen up if you want. The tent is waterproof though.

LBPtaco

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Right on! That looks almost identical to what I've been looking at, probably is the same thing.

FettsWay

Adventurer
If you camp alot out of or near your truck, this will suit you great. It packs small so you can always carrry it in your truck if needed.

You can't see the screen doors from the pic, cause I have the tent doors down, but when weather permits the screen doors really make your truck camper a nice place to crash while camping.

Rdy2offrd88

Observer
I've been looking at getting one of these aswell for my 2002 tacoma dbl cab with shell. Been wondering if the company is actually legit or not. Did you end up buying from them?

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
I'm curious to see what the inside looks like. Is it basically just a cover for the rear section of the truck with a topper on? Interesting to say the least!

6x6pinz

Adventurer
My buddy had one on his F150. Lasted about a year (7 trips) before it started to come apart. The high winds were real tough on it. He did like it until it started to fail. He was down to about 4 minutes set up time. He decided to go with a fiberglass topper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94