FJ40 Storage solutions? Post up your pics

NW40

Explorer
Very nice, Theo! Curious how the Teflon slides hold up over time. Seems like a great alternative. Any play in the drawers?

TheoM

So far so good ..... actually better if I am honest. They have been with me for the last 15K kms including 2 trips to the infamous Kalahari roads. There is just enough play for the drawers to be able to slide but not rattle. Teflon is basically maintenance free and dirt cheap and easy to replace, when compared to slides/bearings etc.

TheoM

Haha .. they are actually outside Olive at the moment Drew, so I will try to make some time over the weekend and weigh them for ya ?

crwln_fj

So I recently took my first successful trip down to Big Sur for the weekend, so I did not need too much stuff. But I have a tuffy storage box under my rear seat that is lockable for stuff and then I made a metal shelf that goes above the box almost to the rear fender wells. I plan on making the drawers for this area to hold tools and other necessities. but I needed the shelf because the way the rear seat locks down. Anyway I was able to put my cooler and all my equipment in the back no problem. Not great photos but the second one is with the rear seat up, giving quite a bit of room. I also have a rack that attaches to the rollcage but the top has to be off for that obviously. And I have a rear jerry can/cooler holder as well. IMG_6103.JPGLZLT6777.JPG

IMG_7915.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz