Jeraco Campershell for 01-04 Tacoma Double Cab

austintaco

Explorer
SOLD SOLD SOLD I am buying a Flippac, so this needs to go. I bought this shell in 2007 in VA. It's the high rise type so you will have more head room if you do a sleeping platform or transport bikes upright without removing the seats.
Has front and side sliding windows
Two interior lights
Two handle locks with keys on the back hatch.

The shell is in good shape, but does have a few scratches. No dents.
I was having a problem with water getting in, and I traced it to the weather stripping along the sliding glass. I put some flexible silicone on that area, and that stopped it. However, I would replace that piece on both sides if I were keeping the shell.

P5230874.jpg

P5220871.jpg

I am in Austin, but I will be driving to Prescott to pick up the Flippac so I could deliver the camper along the way. I would like to get $275 for the shell.

Last edited:

austintaco

Explorer
Thanks for the bump ups. They are hard to find, and only expo types like the mid rise shells. I have had a few bites from my craigslist ad. One person lives in Los Cruces, so that would be right on my way out to Phoenix.

austintaco

Explorer
Send it back east! This is a great deal.... wish it was closer!

Somebody else said the same thing on another forum. Make a roadtrip out of it. That's what I did. Austin to VA and back with two nights along the way. My dogs rode in the cab out there and in the back on the way home. Now they are so spoiled that they are always in the cab.

austintaco

Explorer
It looks like my trip to Prescott, AZ will be at the end of this month, around the 29th. Logistically, I would now rather sell the topper in AZ so that I can haul my camping gear out without worrying about it getting rained on. I'll still sell it here, if I have the opportunity, but if I have a firm buyer in AZ, I will go that route.

PTO

PTO
Like I said before, if I knew how it would fit on a 2nd gen I would take it. Anyone ever try it before??

austintaco

Explorer
Like I said before, if I knew how it would fit on a 2nd gen I would take it. Anyone ever try it before??
I think the 2nd gens are too wide for the 1st gen shells, but I have not confirmed that. If I recall, does the 2nd gen get more narrow at the cab or the tailgate?

PTO

PTO
I think the 2nd gens are too wide for the 1st gen shells, but I have not confirmed that. If I recall, does the 2nd gen get more narrow at the cab or the tailgate?

Yes it does.. The flipPac sits on the 2nd gen almost perfet at the front and overhangs a slight ammount at the rear. On the 1st gen it over hangs pretty even front and back on both sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne