Truck bed trailer axle question

Scott L

I have a d-60 full floating axle under my trailer. Do I leave it intact or pull out the axle shafts and cap the hubs. Also any other suggestions welcome.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Your call

A new 3500 lb axle with electric brakes is around $280.00. Weighs at least half of what the D60 weighs. What is the value in your area of that D60? Some areas they can be worth a pretty penny!

You decide.
Jeff

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
Jeff, do you have a source for one of these axles? I know I need to do some research, but any sources would be appreciated. I need one under a build I'm working on.

Scott L

Jeff, do you have a source for one of these axles? I know I need to do some research, but any sources would be appreciated. I need one under a build I'm working on.

My friend owns a truck salvage yard. If you need an 8 lug full floater for a custom build. I can get them as cheap as 300 complete.

Chili

Explorer

http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/p-3033-3500-lb-electric-brake-standard-spring-trailer-axle.aspx

$265.95 plus shipping. With brakes.. Only $108.95 without brakes.

3,500 lb. Electric Brake Standard Spring Trailer Axle

E-mail this product to a friend

Trailer Axle: 2 3/8" diameter x 3/16" nominal wall round tubing. Brake: 10" x 2 1/4" electric is standard. Hub/Drum: Idler hubs and hub/drums available in a 5-4.5", 5-4.75", 5-5", 5-5.5", or 6-5.5"bolt circle. Will come complete with backing plates and hub/drum assemblies. Lubrication: Grease. Spindle: Type 84 with an inner journal dimension of 1 3/8" and an outer journal dimension of 1 1/16". Trailer Axle price does not include springs, hangers, or u-bolts. Trailer Axles are available in different lengths and hub faces. Maximum Overhang = 17.5" Minimum Overhang = 14" Overhang is the difference between the spring center and the hub face. Exceeding the maximum overhang will result in reduced axle capacity. Minimum Overhang dimensions are based on zero offset wheels and physical clearances; and are determined by suspension type, wheel and tire combination. Axles are straight axles, not cambered. Coated with standard black paint.

Please note - I have not used them personally, but they are local to me so I had planned on going to them when I am ready to swap mine.

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
The straight axle tube and electric brakes is what I'm looking for. To replace the Chrysler 8.25 that is usually found under the rear of an XJ.

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
I went to Redneck Trailer Supply... Google them... 3500lb. EZ Lube hubs & brakes... any width... any lug pattern.
For my MJ Tr. bed trailer.

Curt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier