Frustrations of a 2nd Gen Ram Interior

ExpoMike

Is there a reason you don't want to build a console? Mine didn't hack the dash, and it's completely removable. I just got back from a 2400 mile trip in baja, and it is by far the most practical thing I have done to my truck. Your fab skills are better than mine, I have no doubt you could build somthing nice. Is there a reason you don't like the custom console route?

Yeah, I have thought about it but really didn't want something that big. That space on the floor, next to the lever for the t-case, I like to put my large brim hat, so it's handy but out of the way. Can't put it behind the seat as the dog would lay on it. :)

I just bought off E-Bay a universal 3 gauge pod mount and will see if it might work out. It was cheap enough that if I don't use it, it's not a huge loss. Hopefully in later this week.

Colby Jack

Traveler
I guess I look at things a bit differently. Granted, I drive a 3rd Gen, but to me, if the A Pillar seems big already, then you are probably more aware of the possibility of cars being behind it. I nearly t-boned somebody once--- just once. Now, I look 2,3, sometimes 4 times before I pull out somewhere. I would be more than tempted to utilize the Pillar mount (especially if I already had it-- wink, wink). To me, the difference between XXL and XXXL is minimal. Your mileage may vary. You've got the mount. You've got the gauges. Call it good.

ExpoMike

Colby Jack, yeah I could do that but I really have not liked a pillar setups unless they were a single gauge. Beyond the adding thickness to the pillar, I don't like that it puts all three gauges at different focal points. It's basically a last, no other idea, I can't do anything else type decision.

On a new note, the gauge pod I ordered off E-Bay came in yesterday. A quick check to see if it might work where I want it to looks like it might work perfect! It will almost look like it was made for the spot. I am hoping to have things installed in the next couple days. I will definitely post pics of the install but here is what I bought. I need to put the gauge in it and temp mount it in the spot and see if it's the way I want to go but a quick check seems that it will.

gaugepod-triple-dash.jpg

ExpoMike

More details in my build thread but I would share the gauges mounted up. Still need to do the wiring but I am very happy with how this came out. T-case shifter clears without problems and puts them easy to see. Thanks for all the input and hopefully this will give others a good idea.

PICT6346.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz