new CRF250L enduro from Honda

NeverEnough

Adventurer
I put a Baja Designs street legal kit on my 2006 CRF250x and it has been a great bike. Glad to see Honda getting back into the "L" game and hope it hits the US market sooner rather than later.

I just traded up to a Husqvarna TE511. It weighs 4lbs more than my Honda (with the kit), but has a slightly reduced range (which is abismal for all of this class of "enduro"). Liquid cooled, fuel-injected, BMW G450X frame/swing-arm technology. Got a chance to get her all dirty two weeks ago. It's a very versatile machine, from being more than decent on the trail to handling 70mph on pavement without being a buzz monster.

I'm sure the aftermarket will pick up the slack with a decent auxiliary tank. Another gripe I have with these machines is the inability to carry overnight gear in an efficient fashion. But it is amazing how far these machines have come in the past 10 years.:roost:

i-f9V2zGc-M.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Another gripe I have with these machines is the inability to carry overnight gear in an efficient fashion.

i-f9V2zGc-M.jpg

Shoot brotha...the answer is a Giant Loop bag....mine has been all over Baja and AZ. I have camped for 2 weeks straight with it...which can turn into an endless journey, if you really wanted it to, you have to get fuel along the way, most fuel stops have supplies...

2942235020093498191S600x600Q85.jpg

NeverEnough

Adventurer
Shoot brotha...the answer is a Giant Loop bag....

:iagree: They've got a Coyote configuration for the TE511, just ordered one. I've got to come up with a little extra heat shield for the pipe, however. I would still prefer they build versions of these bikes with a beefier rear subframe. It would also help for those emergency two-up situations.

ZipTy Racing also has a Safari 3 gallon aux.tank that will work on the TE511 (orignally built for the BMW G450X), but they haven't given me the price yet. They have to modify the seat slightly, but that will push the range to about 200 miles. I'm also going to do the same for our Honda 250's (already have Baja kits) so we can enjoy more of what you're already doing!

Clutch

<---Pass
:iagree: They've got a Coyote configuration for the TE511, just ordered one. I've got to come up with a little extra heat shield for the pipe, however. I would still prefer they build versions of these bikes with a beefier rear subframe. It would also help for those emergency two-up situations.

ZipTy Racing also has a Safari 3 gallon aux.tank that will work on the TE511 (orignally built for the BMW G450X), but they haven't given me the price yet. They have to modify the seat slightly, but that will push the range to about 200 miles. I'm also going to do the same for our Honda 250's (already have Baja kits) so we can enjoy more of what you're already doing!

Speed Brain made a under the seat larger tank for the Bimmer 450....may not work for your needs though.

http://shop.speedbrain.de/

Yeah, the no side panel design is just not right. I see a lot of manufactures going back to the side panel. I didn't use a heat shield on my old KTM 505, was
able to cinch the compression straps tight enough to keep the bottom of the bag from touching the muffler.

2287259360093498191S600x600Q85.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Honda just announced that the CRF250L dual sport will be sold in USA. Price: $4500.
Dealers should start receiving the bikes in July.

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/crf250l.aspx

250 cc liquid cooled single cylinder, fuel injection, 23 hp
37mm inverted forks, 8.7 inches of travel
Pro-Link rear shock, 9.4 inches of travel
disc brakes front and rear
steel cradle chassis
320 lb curb weight

Mpg to be determined. Honda claims 100+ mpg for this model in Thailand.

Kaiser Soze

I've had mine for a month now -- first bike I've had since college. I gotta tell you, it isn't fast but it is a blast to ride and I'm completely smitten. Totally forgiving for a relative newb like me, easy to throw around, and feels lighter than it is. I'm surprised how much fun it is on the street, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste