CUCV Overland

Zimnij Volk

Observer
Hello again everyone.

Boy what places we'll end up with the economy the way it is. I'm currently in Wisconsin now, and sadly, the Suburban probably won't be making it over here. I'm in a bit of a rut with money due to the loss of my job and it might be having to go very soon.

However, that still won't stop me and my plans of an Expo vehicle. (I need a vehicle for here anyway.) And since Sparta base is so close, and there are CUCVs available nearly every week, I can't resist. I've always wanted an M1008 or M1028. Recently I've been looking at the M1009 (Blazer) and really liking what I see. Has anyone here made an overlanding vehicle from an M1009? And if you have, have you put a pop-up camper on it?

Zimnij Volk

Observer
I've heard of them from somewhere. What I remember is that they were very helpful and friendly. Although that base price is high for me at the moment. Any suggestions on what I could run in the meantime? I'm new to pop-up campers.

MakersTeleMark

Adventurer
A 1008 or 1028 will make a much better platform for a popup. Bigger axles and way more availability for older popups versus the pretty rare blazer ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online