Rocket Stove Tent Heater

COJeeper

Observer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tV4b6vdxp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This looks pretty interesting! Forced air outdoor tent heater/cooking stove design.
I was racking my brain trying to come up with something similar.
I thought all of you might lend some good comments on this. I been researching rockets stoves for other purposes, when I stumbled on this.
Since Zodi seems to be a permanent thing of the past. It looks like a great concept.
Anyone here seen anything like this?

COJeeper

Observer
Not a comment on this device? Am I the only one who likes camping in the snow?
I should have posted this link in the trailer build section, as a built in central RTT furnace/fireplace!
5 new trailer designs would have been started already :)
I'm already welding and headed to the Tin Knocker!
Come on! This device has more potential, than sleeping bag that looks like down filled long johns.....Formerly known as a snowmobile suit!

COJeeper

Observer
It has a draft induced blower on side of the unit. Hook up some flexi heat pipe same stuff as the older Zodi tent heaters. Forces the air into the tent through the hose. Unit would sit outside my trailer with a hose running into a window from th blower.
I am going to re-engineer it a bit, mine will have a cold air return hose from My ARB RTT tent through the unit. Actually I am going to use the 12 volt blower from my zodi tent heater for this.
I picked up some 4" inch schedule 80 pipe for my burn chamber today at lunch.
I will see the tin knocker tomorrow to fab my heat chamber/plenum.
Rocket stoves designs are very clean burning and use small sticks fed into the unit. Or you can use charcoal like the gentlemen who made the one in the video.
I'll post some pic's, as I get going on my build. Mine is going to be a different than this, but will have the same concept based on rocket stove.

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I think the heater will take alot of tending to keep the fire going. Plus alot of the right size wood. I think you will spend more time tending the stove then reciecing the heat from it. I would build a bigger fire box. That will take some 3 inch round logs. I have been through all these with the stove that I made. My box is 9 x9 x16. With the whole end as the door. I can put large enough logs to burn all night. Another hint. I used 1/8 plate. Yes it is heavy. But the stove still puts off heat long after the fire is dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles