d1 seat question

Olywa

Observer
new disco owner. i have 1998 discovery, the drivers seats goes back but not forward is there a way to unhook the motor and move it forward manually?

PolarGlade

I'm new to ExPo but have been a Disco owner for 13 years.

If you cycle the switch back and forth the seat will start to move, eventually. It may take a while but 99% of these things are just dirty, corroded switches. That goes for most of the switches in our trucks that get little use.

I have to cycle certain switches every few weeks just to make sure they keep working. I turn on my rear window defroster from time to time just to make sure it works when I really need it.

Ray_G

Explorer
You may want to swap switches...I used to have a bad switch on my driver's side-and thus at times I'd swap the pass side switch over if I needed to adjust it. You can't put the switches into the console, but you can plug in the wires and still use it.
r-
Ray

Olywa

Observer
You may want to swap switches...I used to have a bad switch on my driver's side-and thus at times I'd swap the pass side switch over if I needed to adjust it. You can't put the switches into the console, but you can plug in the wires and still use it.
r-
Ray

That worked like a charm.

Ray_G

Explorer
Sweet, gotta love Rover electronics. Truly the lowest common denominator. Glad it worked out.

Olywa

Observer
One problem down, now to the next. My console lights turn off when my lights are on. Like a short or something.

Danny Lee

Are you talking about the instrument cluster lights?

Are you talking about the instrument cluster lights? I had a problem where when I switchd from parking light position to the headlight position, I would lose the instrument cluster and the tail lights. Turned out to be the turn signal stalk itself. The internal works had worn to the point of no longer making good contact. I could force them on with a set of pliers rotating the switch further, so I got a used one from Will Tillery, the Roverguy.com.

Replacing the stalk cured the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles