Land Rover USA rallies 2012

Sidebar

Observer
Hi.

Could anyone point me in the right direction. We will be driving across the US in June/July/ August 2012 (after driving our 130 up from Argentina) and would like to attend some rallies and meet some of you good folk. Is there a website where we can get the dates and locations for the planned rallies?

Thanks

overlander

Expedition Leader
Almost every state or cluster of states has an LR club. You can do searching by state (state+land rover) to find the club website and then go look at their event calendar. Also, make sure you identify all the major US based parts suppliers. their websites are handy.

Here's one for you http://www.roverparts.com/clubs/

Roverx

Observer
I will be heading out of Nashville TN around June 17th to the National Rally in Moab UT and you are welcome follow. I will post updates on EC2Moab on Facebook.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately there's no central calendar of Land Rover events. You have to check all the individual club and forum web sites.
Someone tried to start one, but I can't find it now, so I guess it's not used much.

Sidebar

Observer
2013 Rallies

Well, at the rate our trip is progressing we will probably only be heading into the US in 2013. The priority is to travel through the Northern Hemisphere during the summer months. We are an African family after all and we dont do to well with winter. I rmember seeing snow once when I was 6 years old and I froze my butt off.

Sidebar

Observer
It looks like we will have to make sure we are in Colorado by the summer of 2013 if we are going to be able to attend the National rally. I cant wait, all those US Land Rovers in the sun. We recently attended the My Land Rover Has A Soul rally here in South Africa and we had a convoy of 1007 Land Rovers. What a sight and only 2 Series vehicles decided to drop out along the way. Most of the vehicles were Defenders. Awesome!

maxingout

Adventurer
It looks like we will have to make sure we are in Colorado by the summer of 2013 if we are going to be able to attend the National rally. I cant wait, all those US Land Rovers in the sun. We recently attended the My Land Rover Has A Soul rally here in South Africa and we had a convoy of 1007 Land Rovers. What a sight and only 2 Series vehicles decided to drop out along the way. Most of the vehicles were Defenders. Awesome!

I would love to see a picture of 1000 Land Rover in a convoy. I don't even think the military can do something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles