Picked up another 1st gen Cummins

turbolab

Observer
Well I ran out of Turd polish so I picked up another drum today.

Anywho, we bolted a nice shiny straight front bumper on today, put some bed rail caps on and fixed the rest of the exterior lights. Non working lights is a pet peeve of mine. now I just gotta figure out the cargo light and get the dome light working with the switch. It works with the pin switches but not on the twist switch.

More pics.

93W350036.jpg

lol i need to get me some of that

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
Looks awesome! One of my old high school buddies dad has a first gen cummins, ex cab 5 speed dually. Thing is bad ***! And another guy roams around town with a 1st gen crew cab short box cummins. Thing is immaculate!

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well, the 93 got a little action this weekend, Doing one of my least favorite things. Moving other people, but it was a good friend of mine I havn't seen in a while and we make a good team when it comes to moving so... It was also a good excuse to hook the 93 to somthing . I find it funny, It took an hour and a half to load the trailer (His wife was helping) and only 20 minutes to unload at the new place (His wife had not arrived yet).

Anywho put about 350 miles on it this weekend and it handled the trailer like a dream.

93W350061.jpg

93W350062.jpg

93W350063.jpg

I must've wired the trailer plug right cause all the lights worked the first time, Kinda hard to screw it up when it just plugs into the factory harness.
93W350067.jpg

lstzephyr

wanderer
Nice truck! I think you secretly just wanted more dodge colors in the drive but couldn't figure out how to get anymore on your other truck. :)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Just gotta keep your eyes peeled and you'll come up with a set.

Well we just put 3 gallons of fresh CI rated oil in and put on some good Baldwin filters on both oil and fuel side. The PO was running a Fram oil filter.

I also picked up a guage pod and a few guages. I still gotta get some senders a thermocouple and lead wire and the install em. This is actually the first 4 guage pod I've ever seen for a 1stgen.

93W350070.jpg

93W350068.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
Jealous! :wings: I wanted a pod like that for mine really bad!

Ya know... A set of H1 beadlocks will bolt to those DRW width axles and not stick out too far. Just saying :coffeedrink:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Being that they don't make this pod anymore you'll have to find a used on somwhere. Yes there hard to find. This is the first one I've seen in person. The 3 guage dash pod are more common but still tricky to aquire.

Shoot you can't even get a decent A pillar pod anymore. The only ones available are the Guage Gizmo pieces of junk, The have the wrong angle so you can't see the guages worth a crap. I have an Autometer A pillar pod in the 90 and it is a much better piece than the GG

gahi

Adventurer
auto, it'll go on, then just cut out. Then sometimes I'll turn it on by accident, and without setting it, it'll start pulling. I've never really looked into it, but it would be nice to have working properly.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I would start with a new or good set of switches. After I did the clockspring I notice it was rear sparatic about accelerating with the button, some times it would work and some times it wouldn't. I replaced the switches and its good to go now.

Rot Box

Explorer
Hey just a heads up, when I bought my 92 the po had just barely installed a new coupler between the trans and t-case. I don't think I put more than 25-30k on the truck when I owned it. Long story short my friend now owns the truck and he separated the two to find that coupler almost shot--the teeth were razor thin :Wow1:

Wouldn't hurt to pull it down and see what kind of shape its in that'll leave you stranded in i hurry :(

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I've heard of people tearing em up but when I split the tranny and case in the 90 mine was still good, it could have been replace when the PO installed the NV4500. If the 93 needs one it will get it when I swap an NV into it in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz