Picked up another 1st gen Cummins

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
slidein4.jpg

slidein5.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I missed the fourth jack in the frontal pic... I have seen a lot of campers with only three. It just doesn't make sense to me. Lifted half ton hey? Not too clever. I was worried about the extra couple of inches from the shackle reversal I am going to put on my F350, but I talked to Sky from Sky Offroad in Oregon (where I get the reversal kit, we have the exact same truck), and he runs a taller 4" reversal with a 5800 lb 12' camper! Now that's a biiiig camper! Mine should be around 3-3200 lbs loaded. I guess I should get my wifi fixed so I can post a couple of pics of the new combo... The Winni looks right at home on the dually!

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yeah it looked very sketchy whe we would see him drive by with it on.

Well I put 120 miles on it today, figured I'd drive it to work to see how it handled before I take it a little farther than that this weekend. The dually handled it great and with the camper empty and a 1/4 tank of fuel we were right at 8800lbs so that would make the camper right about what the sticker says it weighs. I Imagine it should be about 3500 loaded.

And I must say, Even though there is a 20 year age gap between the truck and camper I think they match great!!

BCHauler

Adventurer
Wow, that's a great camper. perfect fit for your truck. I really like the older stuff. Patience and persistence can pay off with the older stuff. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to fix, and way more interesting. Looking forward to some trip pics of the new setup.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Should have some pics after this weekend. Goin to Kearney, Nebraska to the Nebraska Diesel Show.

Yes I like older stuff just for the reasons you mentioned. Also is it any less fun cause your equipment is older? Hell no. IMO it makes it more fun. After I bought the camper I have a grand total of about 4000 bucks and same hard work in the whole setup.

Just got done fixing waterlines in the camper tonight. Had 4 splits where it froze and was never repaired.

The dually is actually the newest truck I have ever owned.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well it did good on its 1st outing. Went to the Dragstrip For the Nebraska Diesel Show we ended up having about a 50 truck convoy rolling down I80. I actually unloaded the camper and made a few passes in the truck. Best was a 18.2 @75mph

93W350469.jpg

93W350450.jpg

93W350447.jpg

And a few of inside the camper.
93W350439.jpg

93W350442.jpg

93W350441.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
So last night me and a buddy were planning on a little trip out to a local lake for a little fishing, jet skiing and some good old R&R and so I could try out the camper. Well anyway just before I'm about to go to bed I was checking our local Diesel crew page on Facebook (I'm an Admin and VP) and our president posts this. "anyone wanna make some money? buddy needs an engine delivered to Laramie tomorrow and the new one brought back tomorrow"

Well who the heck was I to turn down gettin paid to drive through a little bit of Wyoming. I left the house last night and set out for York Nebraska where I was to get said motor. (It was a LBZ Dmax BTW). Got loaded and was west bound for Laramie at 5am I just got home a little bit ago.A little over 1000 miles in about 19 hours. I did however stop to take some pics though.

The truck worked flawlessly, and I will now trust this one to go anywhere. I Filled up in Lincoln before I left and drove 512 miles to Laramie and got 19.25 weighing about 8500 and the return trip I was weighing about 9000 with all the PPE goodies I hauled back along with a fresh LBZ and I got 19.50mpg

Not all these are in order. Some where taken in western NE
LaramieTrip033.jpg

LaramieTrip086.jpg

LaramieTrip085.jpg

LaramieTrip078.jpg

LaramieTrip080.jpg

LaramieTrip074.jpg

LaramieTrip076.jpg

LaramieTrip073.jpg

LaramieTrip066.jpg

LaramieTrip033.jpg

LaramieTrip044.jpg

LaramieTrip047.jpg

LaramieTrip011.jpg

LaramieTrip093.jpg

LaramieTrip074.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking:Wow1: pics there Pullit! The truck looks great and the new camper fits your rig perfect. When I saw the sign saying that rattlesnakes are native to the area, well then I knew it was an area that I would NEVER be camping. The thought of a snake inside my sleeping bag makes me scared!:yikes:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Andrew, it's nice that you took both Dodges to the lake! Wouldn't want to make your pulling truck jealous of the dualy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles