Picked up another 1st gen Cummins

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well Scored a smoking deal on a 93 W350 ext cab dually 5spd with only 372,000 miles last week. I know not really an expedition rig unless you consider goin up and down the highway with a gooseneck an expedition but figured you guys wouldn't mind.

Its pretty rough but she will clean up decent. It needs a few things like a fender and a set of doors but the cab is real clean. It has some wiring issues some of which I have already fixed and the rest will be fixed with an underhood harness. The flat bed will come off this weekend and be replaced with a pickup box.

Heres some pics of when I picked it up.

93W350001.jpg

93W350002.jpg

93W350004.jpg

And some pics as of this week
93W350017.jpg

93W350019.jpg

93W350021.jpg

93W350022.jpg

MMMMM Dirty
93W350025.jpg

Wiring mess
93W350029.jpg

Still gotta find a few parts to get this working again.
93W350027.jpg

After some adjustments. (Resealed pump top, Gov spring, ground pin, and a twist of fuel.)
93W350031.jpg

Genuine Imitation DODGE grille
93W350.jpg

This is the look were goin for but I will paint this on back to the original Blue and Tan 2 tone.
sexyw350.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
Let me guess... The beenie over the 4wd shifter is to quiet the rattle sound from the shift knob?! :coffeedrink: That was my solution I used on my 92 anyway haha.

Nice truck. The exhaust brake is pretty cool any idea on who made it? I drooled over the factory tachs when I had mine--they are so hard to find these days :bike_rider:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Holy smoke! It doesn't look like the previous owner ever washed that thing. Looks like you got a good jump on it though, looking forward to seeing it all cleaned up.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Looks like you're off to a good start! Sometimes flatbeds sell for a decent amount, so hopefully that will offset the cost of a pickup bed.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Sweet score!
What a difference a set of wheels makes, Keep posting pictures.
$20.00 worth of quarters at the car wash and it will look like new!

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Rot Box, Actually the 4x shifter is just a good place to put a stocking hat, it hasn't quieted the rattle on either of my 1stgens but what does help a little is can koozies and a hat.

The Brake is a Jacobs brand exhaust brake. I havent cleaned it up yet to find a part number yet. The PO said he still had some of the parts but I'd have to wait till he made it back home to KS to dig em up.

Yeah the tach was a pleasant surprise when I went over to take a close look at it as the goin rate is about 350$ for a working factory unit.

Sayian66, Yeah the PO was a scrapper/farmer so.....

Sock puppet, This bed is to far gone to even sell so to the iron pile it goes. If it was better shape I keep it and fix it.

Mark, I had actually bought the wheels for another project but then this thing fell in my lap so on they went.

So heres a little back story on how I found this truck.

The guy I got it from works for the same contractor I do so I had seen it a few times. Then we ended up at the same job for a while and I looked it over and answered a few questions for the guy as he could tell I was pretty well versed in 1stgen tech, the truck was not for sale at that time. Anyway about 2 months pass and I get a call from him on my way home from work and asked if I knew anyone interested in this truck, and I said well, I could probly find someone then he told me what he wanted for it and I said well, I'd be interested in it for that price. He said he wanted 1500$ for it. Needless to say I didn't try to haggle him down.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
And you still got a good deal on the combo!!!

Had a little weight on the back of it today. Had to move some steel plates that were 72" x 172" and 3/4 thick. I dod the math and each one weighed 2631.29 lbs for a grand total of 10525.2 !!!!! on the back of the truck just in steel not counting the dunnage.

download.jpg

download2.jpg

download3.jpg

download4.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well the flatbed met the flame wrench today. And the truck now has a dually box on it.

Gotta fix the rear harness and were putting bumpers on it tomorow.

Couple pics

download5.jpg

download6.jpg

download7.jpg

download8.jpg

download9.jpg

download10.jpg

download11.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well got all the lights wired up and got a rear bumper on it today. If I feel ambitious I might go out and throw one on the front.

93W350034.jpg

93W350033.jpg

93W350035.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well I ran out of Turd polish so I picked up another drum today.

Anywho, we bolted a nice shiny straight front bumper on today, put some bed rail caps on and fixed the rest of the exterior lights. Non working lights is a pet peeve of mine. now I just gotta figure out the cargo light and get the dome light working with the switch. It works with the pin switches but not on the twist switch.

More pics.

93W350036.jpg

93W350049.jpg

93W350038.jpg

93W350037.jpg

93W350044.jpg

93W350048.jpg

93W350051.jpg

93W350053.jpg

93W350055.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads