Moab Gathering Nov. 2-4 2007

Rexsname

Explorer
Well we made it! It's a very long drive from Lake Havasu to Moab but we are finally here. I am very pleased with the MPGs in the Tacoma....19.04, 19.95 and 21.04 in the three tanks it took to get here. Allready phoned Jacket and I guess we will meet everyone at the "City Market" at 0900hrs.

I cant wait!!!

REX

The rest of us all hate you guys ;)

The weather looks grand out there today, have a great time, be careful, take plenty of photos to make us even more jealous!

Best,

Keith

Rexsname

Explorer
What a great day!! Eight vehicles and only one of them broke:oops: Sad to say, it was me.....My new transfercase skid plate was not designed well and when I came down on a rock it cracked the transfer case. Thanks to a great group of friends I was able to make it off of the trail and into a repair shop. Moab 4x4 Outpost welded the cracked transfer case and fabbed up a new transfer case crossmember. My wallet is lighter now but I have no worries about the looooong drive home. I'll have some photos up soon. :wings:

REX

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Rexsname said:
What a great day!! Eight vehicles and only one of them broke:oops: Sad to say, it was me.....My new transfercase skid plate was not designed well and when I came down on a rock it cracked the transfer case. Thanks to a great group of friends I was able to make it off of the trail and into a repair shop. Moab 4x4 Outpost welded the cracked transfer case and fabbed up a new transfer case crossmember. My wallet is lighter now but I have no worries about the looooong drive home. I'll have some photos up soon. :wings:

REX
Sorry to hear that, so which trail did you end up doing?

Rexsname

Explorer
Well, today was Kane Creek Canyon...........Wow what a looooooong day! 14 vehicles on a difficult trail ake a very long day. Today was the first time I had seen an actual advantage of Mud Terrain tires over All Terrain tires. On slick rock I saw no difference but today on dirt, sand, river bottem and loose rocks the Muds did better than the mAll Terrains. (just one mans opinion)

Chet and I need to leave at dark thirty in the morning so I'll sign off for now.
After I get home I'll try to post up my photos, I think I got some good ones:arabia:

REX

Moody

Needs to get out more
Home! Rolled in late Friday night (sorry we were so loud, especially the kids that came) and set up camp. As I had some teachers with me that did not have 4x4's, and I was down there wheeling 3 weeks earlier, we decided to do some hiking and see some petroglyphs and pictographs. We then piled in the two cruisers and ran up Long Canyon. After spending a bit of time there taking pictures, we decided to go out by the Monitor and Merrimac and set up a rappel. Then, we came back to town hoping to meet the crew at the Moab Brewery only to find out later they got off the trail 1.5 hours later...back in camp, we built a fire and exchanged stories with one another and even got to know our new German friend Rhodos. The next morning, after breaking camp, we rolled into town and hit up a section of Fins N Things. Members of our little group had papers to write for school, so we had to bug out a bit earlier to ensure our arrival at home. After stopping at Ray's in Green River for a tasty burger, I was home by 6:45pm. EXCECLLENT to meet you guys...I have lots of pictures I will load up, and one of my fellow teacher's had her sister (who is a professional photographer) taking LOTS and LOTS of photos on her 120mm.

-Moody

nickt

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0009
What a great trip! It was great to meet you all in person. We're looking forward to the next one. Thanks for arranging, Nic, and thanks to the trail leaders.

I've uploaded my photos. You can find them here:

http://tinyurl.com/3ctvvf

If anyone needs higher resolution copies, I have them, just PM me.

See you all next time!

Nick.
623685334cab4229ada2fd19014aa1d6.jpg

PS: fixed the link on 11/11

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne