Moab Gathering Nov. 2-4 2007

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Willman said:
Love to have ya along Kurt!!!!!!

I'll have to play it by ear... seem whats going on up in Price to the north. We have been talking about spending a day or two in the Uintas then heading to Price via 9 Mile or similar... so that would only leave Sat night/Sunday for Moab. I'll keep an eye on the thread :cool:

Willman

cruiseroutfit said:
I'll have to play it by ear... seem whats going on up in Price to the north. We have been talking about spending a day or two in the Uintas then heading to Price via 9 Mile or similar... so that would only leave Sat night/Sunday for Moab. I'll keep an eye on the thread :cool:

Right on Kurt!

You have some sweet rigs.....like i said.....love to have ya!!

:)

Willman

flyingwil said:
So is there firm plans for Friday!?

Oh ya!!!!.....We will meet some time in the morning around 8 am-ish....still looking for more input for the first day on the trail.

:Astrologist:

durangodds

Adventurer
Willman said:
Got any pictures??....I think the White Rim trail needs 2 days or more......Might have to hit that trail another time......
Here's some photos to help encourage you to do the White Rim Trail. I already have my permit for next spring break, the last week of March.

Looking at the La Sals on the way down Shafer Trail.
WhiteRimTrail2006004.jpg

Walking out on Musselman Arch is very cool. As soon as you step out on it you're a couple hundred feet off the deck.
WhiteRimTrail2006020.jpg

Me with Big Blue at one of my favorite spots on the trail where the road comes right to the edge.
IMG_0048.jpg

Looking at the Needles District and the Abajo (Blue) Mountains from the White Crack.
WhiteRimTrail2006041.jpg

Big Blue headed up the east side of Murphy's Hogback.
IMG_0077.jpg

Enjoying some sun in camp at Murphy's Hogback.
IMG_0088.jpg

Candlestick spire as seen from the Black Crack.
IMG_0096.jpg

The Black Crack itself.
WhiteRimTrail2006191.jpg

The view of the Green River from the Black Crack.
IMG_0099.jpg

The slot canyon at Wilhite Canyon...a nice lunch stop.
WhiteRimTrail2006192.jpg

Wow...be careful what you ask for. I had more pictures, but this thing limits you to 10.

Willman

Ryan......looks great!!!!! That run is on my to do list!!!!! .......I'm game for march if i can invite myself......:oops:

:shakin:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Dang guys you got me thinking I might just have to try and make this... lets see according to Google earth it's 2408 miles to Moab. Could be doable, definitely enough advanced notice.

Aaron

Rexsname

Explorer
I'm a definite maybe........ We have my parents' 50th to celebrate in Oct. and a cruise in Dec. so We might actually be able to go and meet with you fine folks. I will have to plan on a motel or hotel, any sugestions?

REX

durangodds

Adventurer
Rexsname said:
I will have to plan on a motel or hotel, any sugestions?REX
There's a lot of choices, but the Moab Valley Inn http://www.moabvalleyinn.com/ is a pretty good choice. It's across from the brewery, has nice clean rooms, and an indoor pool.

Now, can someone please tell me how a person makes "Moab Valley Inn" the link without actually seeing the web address?

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Rexsname said:
I will have to plan on a motel or hotel, any sugestions?
On the cheap but clean side try Red Stone Inn. If you want cheap breakfast you can try the La Quinta franchise though they're often horribly expensive considering their competition.

Step up if you want is Gonzo Inn.

Uber-nice, do the Sorrel River Ranch.

Rexsname

Explorer
:jumping: OK I'm an official "yes" on the Moab trip.:wings: I had allready made a commitment to attend the SEMA show and wasn't sure how the scheduling would work out. But it did! and I am!! My Father-in-law will be coming with (built XJ) and we will be sharing a hotel room. I just re-read this thread.......where are we meeting who and at what time??

REX

I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it!!!:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Moody

Needs to get out more
Cool, glad to see more people are coming. I plan on taking Friday off of work and that allows me to leave Thursday night, or early Fri. AM. Anyone coming from the SL Valley interested in a caravan with a relatively slow 80 driver? I suppose as it gets closer, we can figure out the specifics.

lurk lurk lurk...big things in the works, or not in the works. hopefully we will be either here or at the trophy, hopefully both...

to insert a url as text, you need to use first a left bracket [ and then the text URL followed by = and the url in quotes like "your_url_here" followed by a right bracket ] and then your text as normal after the last bracket, and then to close it use a left bracket, then a forward slash, then URL and then a right bracket.

remove all the backslashes from the line below and you'll have it. the backslashes are just so the line isn't interpreted as a link. you can use upper or lowercase for the URL tag, i use a lot of uppercase to denote a tag rather than text.

\[URL = "url"\]text\[/URL\]

like this.

-sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior