Cool new hardshell Roof Tent from Wild Boar

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
My son & I went to the Arizona Off Road Show and saw this new hard shell tent that Wild Boar is coming out with.
2011-11-1917-23-50880.jpg

I really like that it has gas struts to help with opening and a mini rack to allow light but bulky items to store.
2011-11-1917-24-17773.jpg

I thought the drop down table was a nifty feature to when you are stuck up there with the kids or want to eat out of the weather. They also have speakers, LED lights, tv monitor holder and fan all built in.
2011-11-1917-27-0162.jpg

The basic model is supposed to come in around $1600 and the fancy electronic setup one only $1900 and they are talking about just after the first of the year as a release date.
USA made also which is really nice!
The company make the roof rack, bumper, fastback roof, and a bunch of other stuff also the guy said.
I wish I had my better camera but at least we got some cell picks posted :)

Anyone heard of these guys or know anything else about this tent....the full kit does make me lust for a JK

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Wild Boar

My son & I went to the Arizona Off Road Show and saw this new hard shell tent that Wild Boar is coming out with....
...Anyone heard of these guys....

I have Wild Boar's Fast Back top and roof rack on my JKU. I have not been impressed with them.

Both my top and roof rack arrived damaged. The top had to be repaired and repainted due to large gouges in the fiberglass top. The damage appeared to have been caused when building the shipping crate around the top. The roof rack appeared to have been dropped which bent and racked the rack. It was straightened with a hammer and installed after waiting several weeks for Wild Boar to respond. In both cases Wild Boar's response was slow to non existent.

Unless I had input from someone that indicates Wild Boar has "cleaned up their customer service act", I would be reluctant to send any more of my $'s to them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

kb7our

Explorer
A couple of years ago when I bought my fastback top and rack I was told by the owner the tent would be ready in a few months. Very unimpressed with the owner and issues with my order back then. It would take a lot for me to return, unfortunately another bad experience. I hope things have improved.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
the show was super small and had more side by side stuff that 4x4...
but hey I figure the only way to see things grow and get better is to go and show there is some interest out there

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
They showed that tent along with some of their other goods @ SEMA. It was a quite different tent then their previous 'prototype' they debuted several SEMA's ago now, I know that model and the company in general were discussed here on ExPo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior