Colman folding stove-top oven, Anybody use one?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I have had one for years, and never used it.

Just wondering if anyone does? For what?

I'm debating if I should include it in my plans for my overlander rig, with plans of spending months away...

FWIW, the one I have is pretty old. It's steel, but I think the newer ones are aluminum? Given the different thermal properties, is the steel better, and worth the extra weight?

Extra credit to anyone who uses it inside. I'm sure it would heat a camper nicely, but that may be OK in cold climes.

Last edited:

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I have an old steel one that I use every now and then for biscuits, scones, etc.
Looked at one of the new ones this past week and was not impressed. Keep your old one.

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I have used one before. I liked it enough to plan on using it with my new DIY wood burning tent stove. My thought is that"Now I have alot more people to cook for" Biscuits are good fillers for 6 people.

MuckSavage

Adventurer
I have one & never used it. It was my dad's. As a kid, I remember him using maybe every other night for biscuits, muffins, etc. Also, bagel pizzas. It's gotta be 40 years old.

BIGGUY

Adventurer
I've got an old one and it's been awhile since I've used it. I made orange rolls, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, and that type of stuff in it. The only problem I had was the temperature gauge on it wasn't very accurate.

Toyotero

Explorer
I've never used one, but to me they look like a nice alternative to a dutch oven (which I have used a lot)... much more compact, lighter and cleaner.

Cheers.

Adventurer
HI,
I have one that I've owned forever. I think I have used it twice!! But, that should not be construed as a criticism. The issue for me is how much time I'm willing to put into cooking. I simply forget that I have the oven and, thus, don't think about using it. The two times I did use it, over an old fashioned two burner Coleman stove, it worked well. I really should get a little more creative with my cooking and use it more. I still carry it on every trip, now in my trailer.

Sparky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz