Lift Kit Dodge 5500

Saiyan66

Adventurer
I dont know of any fab shops in or around CO that you could use, but as far as springs are concerned there are several companies that make very high quality custom coils and leaves. Deaver spring, Atlas spring, and National spring (in that order) are the best as far as their products go. Another question would be if you are going with tires that are so large that you need to move the axle forward more than 1". Most aftermarket control arms can handle 1" forward, but if you go any further than that you will need custom arms and you run into problems with the coil buckets/shock towers needing to be moved as well. My recommendation is to see what you can tuck in the fender, and cut (cleanly) as much as possible to keep the truck low, like in the 4" lift range. Im guessing that since you bought a 5500 it will be heavily loaded and the lower CG is important. The rear is usually a non-issue and only requires springs and shocks. If you were in Cali I could recommend many good shops to take care of your fab needs.

Byrdseye

Observer
I recommend Don Thuren in California. I've spoken with him several times about my 5500 and he is receptive to fabbing custom parts. (there are differences between the C&C's and the pickups) However, he needs either the truck to physically be in his shop or he needs the stock components to measure off of. I'm planning on moving my 5500 into my shop in January to start the teardown/buildup (I have to finish a few other projects to make room :ylsmoke:) And I would be happy to send Don any stock parts he needs to measure for you. I'm hoping to use the 335 MPT81s and the front is going to need a fair bit of massaging!
(I was very impressed with his components and the shock valving he did for me on a 2007 3500.) Hope this helps

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thuren Fabrication

Ditto on Don's products and fabrication skills. The guy listens and will be straight with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles