Need ideas for super low easy to remove mount for rtt on fiberglass cap

onelow1ton

Adventurer
I know there are tons of threads for mounting rtt to everything, but I need to make my mount as low as posable and easy to remove because when the tent is off the truck I drive it to work every day I park in a parking garage. I only have about 1-2" of clearance so if I make a mount that stays on the cap it needs to be about an inch tall or less with the tent removed. I have some ideas but I want to see what you guys think because I have seen some of you come up with some genius ways to do things

Oh and the cap is an ARE cx cap for my colorado and I'm putting the big camping lab rtt on it but most of the time it will be on my trailer but some trips I will not be taking the trailer so I'll need the tent on the truck

Thanks Kenny

chet

island Explorer
you can get the brackets that bolt to the side of the shell and look like gutters on a truck so you can use gutter clamp style roof bars. Take the roof bars off with the tent and you will have no added height

onelow1ton

Adventurer
All good ideas and I'll keep them in mind, I got some ideas of some mounts I might fab up I'll try to draw something up tomorrow and post it up to see what you guys think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior