• Bridgestone Revo2 285/75R16 - Solid all around tire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Post your opinion

Votes: 20 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I have approx. 50K on a set of BFG MT KM's... they have been a GREAT tire. Looking at my next possible set of KM2's has made me think... do I really need a MT? Like most, I do spend most of my time on road but when I am on the trail it is usually rocky desert and very unforgiving here.

_MG_1977.jpg

AT tires have no 255/85R16 option that I am aware of (my favorite size) which would leave me with 285/75R16's.

BFG AT's seem way overpriced ( I was quote $279 today for a 285 BFG AT... the 255 KM2 was quoted at $216...)

Bridgestone Revo2's seem solid and have a cult following. $220-ish per tire seems normal.

My experience with Goodyear has been that they are great but wear way too fast. I need max life out of 1K+ worth of tires!

Stay with the tried and true BFG MT or... ?

Last edited:

seanz0rz

Adventurer
i love my bfg AT, ill be buying another set of 285/75r16 when mine finally die. they are at 45k+ and still have some life left.

they used to have a 255/85r16, i dont know exactly what happened to it.

where was that quote from? ive been looking at america's/discount tire. they are 225 ish a piece. i know its more than most other tires, but i firmly believe you get what you pay for on this one.

also, remember, you can probably haggle them a bit. people just arent laying down over a grand on tires all the time. always worth a try, especially if you are a long time customer.

wow, i just looked and they want 280 a tire... they really went up the last month, i looked 4 weeks ago. if you can find a decent price on them, my vote still stands. otherwise i think the KM2 is a great tire. i cant believe it's cheaper than the AT. maybe a new AT is coming?

Last edited:

squatch

Adventurer
I voted other. Cooper ST. Have had them long enough to know I will get another set. You see them on a lot of rigs up here. All my friends that have them also like em. My .02

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Just put BFG ATs on my truck again. Was contemplating the BFG MTs, but as I re-watched "Long Way Down" I saw that they used the ATs for the support vehicles. Probably not the best reasoning, but I have always had good luck with the ATs in the past. 265/75R16 at $198 ea. Smaller tire I know. Load range E with the mountain and snow flake thingy.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
I voted other, either:
The Cooper ST, which you can get (for now) in the 255/85/16 and is a great long wearing go anywhere agressive AT.
2385297253_7be16bb013_m.jpg

or
The Cooper ST Maxx, which you can get in a 285/75/16, great aggressive AT style tread, quiet on long road trips, and I'm working on seeing how well they wear. So far with 10,000 miles I'm not seeing anything significant......
5617427376_37d205e6b9_m.jpg

upcountry

Explorer
Remember you may need to get new wheels if you go with the wider tire size. Rubbing the uca is an issue. 4.5 backspace fixes this. But, new wheels are expensive. While spacers are nice offroad.....not sure I would tust them at 70 mph for 6 hours on the freeway. Plus, not one spacer manufacturer recomends their product for use on road......hmmmmm.....

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Onlinetires.com lists 285/75-16 BFG AT's at $192.49 each. Print out the page and take it to Americas Tire and they will match that price.

Redline, our resident tire expert has run the ******** Cepek Fun Country 2's with success. You might take a look at those as well.

keezer37

Explorer
I've had the Revo IIs for 20k now. I'm starting to wonder about how much wear I'll get out of them. Looking at Tire Racks survey results supports this also. They are a fine all around tire. It seems that I am seeing this particular tread design in more tires.

I wore out the O.E. Dunlops in San Diego and did a good bit of off roading on them. No problems even in the occasional mud. I'm moving away from aggressive looking tires and putting road safety first.

Stick Figure

Observer
I just moved away from the BFG's because of the price. In the 267/75/17 size I'm running they wanted $250 each for them so I decided to try out the Falken Wild Peaks (Rocky Mountain if you buy from discount tire). I ended paying $160 each out the door for the E load range. I took them out to Heartbreak ridge for a test run and was super happy with them. They did well on Cleghorn last weekend as well. Only real downsides for me so far are the load ranges available in my size. The two options I had were 13/32 tread depth 2 ply sidewall or 17/32nd tread depth with a 10ply. I went 10 ply, and they are noticeably stiffer feeling than my BFG AT's (C load range) ever were. Only other downside has been not having that "cool aggressive BFG look".

Otherwise good traction, 50k warranty, 1/32nd more tread depth new than the BFG AT's in my size, and I could have bought 5 for the price of 4 BFG's.

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
I've always been a bfg guy ,put them on all my rigs ,but when i got the fj i researched ,and went with goodyear duratracs..they have been great tires

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Onlinetires.com lists 285/75-16 BFG AT's at $192.49 each. Print out the page and take it to Americas Tire and they will match that price.

Redline, our resident tire expert has run the ******** Cepek Fun Country 2's with success. You might take a look at those as well.

Will 285's work with stock TRD wheels?

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I am not sure. I know on the last generation of Tacoma/4Runner, they would rub the upper control arm with stock wheels. Maybe someone can comment on that regarding the newer generation. A 285/75-16 BFG KM2 has a 1.9" wider tread width than a 255/86/16. How much room do you have between the tire and the UCA now?

Will 285's work with stock TRD wheels?

Trail100

Observer
I live in an area where mail order is generally cheapest, and have found that if you call an online dealer like www.tirerack.com or www.discounttiredirect.com and get a quote from an actual person and give them the "Ok, thanks I'll look around more" they will work with you a bit on price or shipping depending on who you get.

WASURF63

Adventurer
Other >>> 255/85/16 Toyo MT.

Similar tread to your BFG MT with MUCH better road manners, and you could keep your stock rims. IMHO it seems to be a great hybrid (AT/MT) tire.

upcountry

Explorer
No. You can not run a 285 on a stock wheel. It will rub on the UCA. I tried it and found I had to go with a different wheel. I run 285/70/17s and have a wheel with 4.5 backspace. If I were to do it over I would stick wjth the stock wheels and run 255s. That's my $0.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles