Beer of the day: A saga for the perfect beer.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I'm a beer enthusiast.

For the last several months my facebook friends have been noticing that frequently, almost daily, I attempt to try a new beer. It's because I like beer - it's like wine - just less pretentious.

I thought I would start posting some of my "Beer of the day" photos on here; I encourage others to do the same.

Here's #1

374346_179890738769987_100002471860593_322000_1272301348_n.jpg

Beer of the day - Brauerei Pinkus Mueller - Organic Hefe-Weizen

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31/82

I'm a wheat beer enthusiast - It's simply my favorite. This was recommended to me by a local bar, The Raven Cafe, as being the best wheat beer they had. It was good, but I think I've had better.

A-

keezer37

Explorer
Each Day! That's quite ambitious.

As you move forward in your journey, don't get discouraged as you find more and more overly and haphazardly spiced beers. Over the past few years I've been more particular in my selection and more apt to stick with proven winners. My standby is Magic Hat #9. I think there's a lot of folks out there just looking to make a buck off trusting, good natured beer drinkers.

A wonderful seasonal beer I've tried lately is Great Lakes Brewery's Christmas Ale. It is by far the best Christmas brew I've had. I hope I'm lucky enough to locate more of it. I was pleasantly surprised as I do not care for their other brews.

ChristmasAle_BottleGlass.jpg

And I know what I'm doing this spring: Beer Trippin'

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I'm a beer enthusiast.

it's like wine - just less pretentious.

-

Oh, boy. You can get away with saying that as long as you avoid discussing EBU scales, ABV gravity, or the alpha values of Austrailian Feux-Coeur Francais hops in relation to their Burgundian root stock varietals. Once you start talking about the "quality of the pour" and the cellar-ability of the brew, the pretentious meter gets all twitchy.

:sombrero:

That is a good beer, I agree. I really like Dunkle Weissbier, but they're hard to find around here.

DarinM

Explorer
We've got a local brewer here that I've been enjoying. Recently I tried their Fuego - a jalapeno pilsner. Very refreshing with a great little hit of heat.
http://www.texmexbeer.com/

And a nice little motorcycle ride from Austin, in Wimberley is the Wimberley Brewing Company. It's a pizza place/brewery owned by a very big guy - Bruce Collie who's got a couple Super Bowl Rings he earned while playing for the 49ers. He's a very nice guy (not that I'd tell him otherwise), makes a great pizza and so far I've liked every one of his beers.
http://www.wimberleybrewingcompany.com/new_brews.html

m(a)ce

Adventurer
definitely a :beer: lover!

always love trying a new or rare one & can't wait to get back to the ones I love. I tend to dig the maltier, chewier belgians but also enjoy a nice hoppier beer too.

thought this one from Bells in MI was appropriate:

I like their Two Hearted a bunch too.
:)

Sent from the batphone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322532099.240304.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322532099.240304.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 10

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
This is a great idea. A friend and I just completed a 40 unique chalange through our local wine and beer shop. My regional favorites were from Epic, Odell, and Madison River. Good luck with your plan!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Here's one of the best...and you can find in Prescott:

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Fin_du_Monde_%28beer)

400px-Unibroue_-_La_fin_du_monde.jpg

La Fin du Monde (French for "The end of the world") is a Belgian style tripel, bottle conditioned golden ale[disambiguation needed ] introduced in July 1994 and produced by Unibroue of Chambly, Quebec. In 2004, Unibroue was purchased by Sleeman Brewery.[1]

The name is said to derive from the European explorers' belief that they had reached the end of the world when they discovered America.[2] However, a folk interpretation attributes the name to a marketing agent, who upon being frustrated at not finding a satisfactory name, exclaimed to his discouraged colleagues: it's not the end of the world![citation needed]

La Fin du Monde is the winner of many medals of excellence: 5 platinum, 6 gold, and 1 silver from the Beverage Testing Institute since its introduction in 1994.[3] In 2004 it won the gold medal at the Los Angeles County Fair for Belgian-Style Abbey Ale.[4]

The colour is a cloudy blonde with a golden hue. Though similar to Belgian triples in appearance, La Fin du Monde is less bitter and more spicy (featuring coriander and orange peel), more similar to Tripel Karmeliet than standard triples like Chimay and Westmalle. The beer contains a very high (9% ABV) alcohol content.[2]

Attachments

• 220px-Unibroue_-_La_fin_du_monde.jpg
    220px-Unibroue_-_La_fin_du_monde.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 9

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
This is a great idea. A friend and I just completed a 40 unique chalange through our local wine and beer shop. My regional favorites were from Epic, Odell, and Madison River. Good luck with your plan!

90 Shilling ale from Odell is one of my favorites. I have exactly one place within 100 miles of my house that sells it and it usually goes pretty fast so I feel lucky when I get snatch a six pack.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Beer of the day:

Lefthand Brewing Company - Nitro Milk Stout (Bottled)

It's the only stout I enjoy. If you gave this to people before Guinness; they would go out of business.

B+

No picture, to busy enjoying.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
^^^
I've only had Lefthand's Milk Stout once, and I must say it was fantastic.
Holiday Ale Festival starts today in Portland. Hoping I can make it this year.
- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier