Off-Road trailer with full kitchen system

lenin sifontes

Does anybody know who makes this trailer? I went to an event for toys for tots held at a Jeep dealership here in Houston about two weeks ago and I saw this trailer. I have seen many off-road trailers including my own M-416 and I haven’t seen a set up like this one with a full kitchen system that takes a few seconds to set up.

DSC_0323.jpg
DSC_0318.jpg
DSC_0320.jpg
DSC_0321.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Looks a lot like one of Mario and Martyn's 'Adventure Trailers'.

Very nice set up.

No it's not one of ours.

It's a really nice design if you need a chuck wagon. With our designs we try to blend our trailers to the needs of our customers, storage, shelter, comfort, kitchen. If you go big on the kitchen the rest have to give.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
No it's not one of ours.

It's a really nice design if you need a chuck wagon. With our designs we try to blend our trailers to the needs of our customers, storage, shelter, comfort, kitchen. If you go big on the kitchen the rest have to give.

If I may, Martyn.... It's also not your build quality. I can almost guarantee that that trailer is Chinese in origin, and is actually based on the AT Horizon. I can probably tell you which Chinese factory made it, and have a sneaky suspicion I know who brought it in; but I'm not telling! Still, they are kind of cool if you like to cook a lot.

Pikeman

Adventurer
Having it set-up like that makes for a quick deployment however it appears to have used all the storage space in the trailer. So that means the food and other supplies will need to be in the TV.

Errant

Explorer
If I may, Martyn.... It's also not your build quality. I can almost guarantee that that trailer is Chinese in origin, and is actually based on the AT Horizon. I can probably tell you which Chinese factory made it, and have a sneaky suspicion I know who brought it in; but I'm not telling! Still, they are kind of cool if you like to cook a lot.

So because it's not an AT, you won't tell us who manufactured it??

DNTL740

Adventurer
I don't understand why the original question cant be answered, but instead we have to read about how great AT trailers are and how wonderful the world is now that we have AT trailers. GEEEZZ, the guy just wants to know who makes it, if you don't know just say so and move on with your life.
Does anybody know who makes this trailer? I went to an event for toys for tots held at a Jeep dealership here in Houston about two weeks ago and I saw this trailer. I have seen many off-road trailers including my own M-416 and I haven't seen a set up like this one with a full kitchen system that takes a few seconds to set up.

View attachment 76753
View attachment 76754
View attachment 76756
View attachment 76757

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
As an AT Horizon owner that does like to cook a lot, that trailer looks like a really bad set of tradeoffs to me. A few observations:

• The pullout appears to take up most of the storage space inside the main box, so the fridge ended up on the tongue. Really bad tradeoff IMO.
  • The standard Horizon kitchen set up would be just as quick to deploy.
  • This one may have a bit more "counter" space, but still not enough to be completely functional IMO. We do a couple easy things to add to the working area of the Horizon. First, we carry an old towel that we put on top of the kitchen side box so we can set things up there (including hot pots right off the stove) without damaging the powder coat. Second, we set up a folding table nearby.
  • This one has a 4 burner stove vs. the 2 burner stove in the Horizon. I rarely am doing anything so sophisticated that takes more than 2 burners plus a grill and/or a dutch oven. The quality of the Partner stove used in the AT's is hard to beat.
  • I don't find sinks like this to be all that valuable. We carry two plastic wash basins in our kitchen side box, and a $10 garden spray bottle that we use to make "running water" It's a great set up for dish washing.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
So because it's not an AT, you won't tell us who manufactured it??

Oh, Lordy. Here we go again
Um, did you notice from my signature web address that I actually sell trailers that compete with AT? But I can still be a gentleman to Martyn and Mario. I promise that my hesitation to tell you who made it is in no part due to loyalty to AT.
Before I was lucky enough to be appointed the North American dealer for Jurgens trailers from South Africa, I briefly entertained the idea of importing trailers from China. With regards to the company I was dealing with, it was painful. But the kicker came when looking at close-up photos of the welds, the fittings, and most importantly, the suspension and other brackets. It all just looked to sketchy. Having said that, I'm not going to directly knock the OP trailer pictured, as I cannot see the quality . Even if I did see it in person and had an opinion, I'll probably keep it to myself anyway.
My original comment was based purely on recognizing the style and features. Who knows, it may be custom made out of aluminum by a master craftsman. I'm guessing it's not.Better Off-road2.jpgBetter Off-road5.jpgBetter Off-road1.jpg

Anyway, here you go. Have at it! As soon as I started asking them too many questions about the trailer, I never heard back from them. Web address is on the pics.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Not trying to be provocative... If someone posted up a pic of an XT-140 and asked who made it any number of members would point them in your direction. Same goes for AT, Sierra4x4, SoCal, Moby, and the list goes on. It might even have been a one-off someone here would recognize as built or modified by another member. It is then up to the person asking to hunt down the owner/creator, see it in person, and make their own judgment about the quality vs the asking price.

I'm pretty sure that's all the OP was asking for.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Let's be quite clear here. I said, ".....have a sneaky suspicion I know who brought it in; but I'm not telling."
I did not say I "know". That's why I'm not telling. I just got excited because it seemed the rumors I'd heard in a dark alley were true.

Certainly no tizzy caused, so don't worry about it, Errant. No offense taken. The comment was just reminiscent of a now-deleted thread from a few months ago, and I just did not want to explain my position re: AT.
SWITAWI, I thank you if you ever point someone towards an XT140. I was not trying to do someone out of a sale. All I was saying was, that the trailer looked very much like the trailers I investigated from China, which also happen to look a heck of a lot like an AT (I later came to find). Now, I don't know if there are any design infringements, potential patent disputes or whatever, but that is why I'm certainly not going to throw any names around. I can see how my post may have seemed like a tease, but I assure you it was not. I was just trying to share my recognizing the design, and then give some back story.
Either way, it's a nice looking trailer, stylistically, and the idea of a pull-out kitchen is cool, if not a little space intensive. And if the OP wants to know where it's from, I would try calling the toys for tots organizers; maybe they have a name.
So I'll just withdraw quietly, and next time I'll hesitate before I say, "Hey, I've seen that trailer."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier