RTT on expo trailer....What about your dogs?

I have a maggiolina airland and when it was on my jeep both dogs (on is 60lbs and the other is 55lbs) stayed inside of the jeep. They did very well. I am now moving my airland to an offroad trailer. I am going to add the maggiolina change room and let them sleep below on the ground. Someone else posed they have a similar setup of which i have seen at the overland expo and it looks like it works well. So my $.02 is go with a RTT which has the room which zips on to create an enclosure and let them sleep on the ground. It is almost the same as sleeping in bed and the dog on the floor. Just that this bed is a few more feet off the ground.

JeepDork

Adventurer
I also have two large dogs and plan on an RTT for my trailer. Since I want the dogs near, I will be getting the additional annex most sell that hangs from the tent to ground level. I really like the Howling Moon Trailer tent but I havn't won the lottery yet.

I know the RTT your talking about. I looked at it at the off road expo this year. That is a great tent!

(beans)

Observer
The second oppening to front meant the dog self installed himself in the tent using the drop down rear.

DSC_2117.jpg

DSC_2129.jpg

That's awesome! Is there a link to more info on your second trailer with the self installing dog feature?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I appreciate it.

adam25

I have a similar problem with having two large dogs. Here is my idea that I am working on, hope to start building soon. While I am not planning on an offroad build, I am sure it would be easy to adapt my idea for an expo trailer with the M.O.A.B. tent

java

Expedition Leader
My two pups sleep in the truck. Never had any issues with it. I'm sure they would love the annex but I'm jot sure I trust the Shepherd to not eat thru it. He's still a baby and likes to eat things.

dflesher65

Certifiable
We're those crazy people that let's there dog sleep with us...I have a 40 pound mutt that is easy to lift up into our rtt. Our next dog was going to be a Golden but now I'm going towards smaller dog.

Dwight & Maile

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
We're those crazy people that let's there dog sleep with us...I have a 40 pound mutt that is easy to lift up into our rtt. Our next dog was going to be a Golden but now I'm going towards smaller dog.

Dwight & Maile

Same here. The dog is family. He's in the tent, at our feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles