Howling Moon Safari Dome Tent

Tacovendor

Explorer
Just got the Howling Moon tent today and right off the bat I was impressed by the quality of the construction and ease of set up. Once it was set up it became a canvas fortress! It is a great addition to my camp gear and I know it will provide many years of service. I'll add some more shots once it's out in the field in use.:sombrero:
Moon.jpg

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Taco,
Glad you like the tent, and also glad it arrived so fast. I think you'll have loads of fun in it for a different camping experience. These are the same tents used in the African bush on mobile safaris. I should know; I spent several years as a guide, and spent many a night in thee tents!

The Safari Dome comes in 3 sizes; a 2.1m (6.8ftx6.8ft) a 2.5m (8.2ftx8.2ft) and a 3m (9.8ftx9.8ft). The apex is over 6.5ft high, so standing upright is awesome.
For those of you who'd like to know, all Howling Moon tens are made in South Africa, from South African-made fabric. All parts are made in house, except for the zippers which are all YKK. And what more can you say about a company, Howling Moon, that has been making Africa's leading canvas products for over 30 years!

Tacovendor

Explorer
Used the tent last weekend at the Toys For Tots event, the weather was damp and freezing and the tent performed flawlessly! Other campers were plagued with condensation in their tents due to the temp and having all the windows closed. I was expecting some moisture inside, but there was none. And because of the height of the roof I could stand up to change and move around. Kudos to Howling Moon for a great product!

OverlandGourmet

I have to say that seeing this tent in person was quite impressive. Not only was there plenty of room inside - you could put a night stand on each side of an air mattress - the build quality was very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Howling Moon products coming stateside in the months ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles