Dakar 2012

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Thanks for the info...there is also an official Dakar 2012 app as well...it is .99...

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
It's not "watching" it per se, but I'll be using THIS SITE for live up-dates. I'll have three computers, each with split screens following a couple of forums (not this one), and a few news sites such as EUROSPORT, Australian TV, and Marathon Rally. In addition, one of my phones will be dedicated to a TWEET account.

That sounds serious!

Me <-headassplode from the information overload

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the link to the HiLux video. The full-on racers really are tube buggies with a few body panels from the original vehicle.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
So for the last couple of years I have been watching the world feed on SBS.com (www.sbs.com.au/dakar), but now the promo video is 'currently unavailable'. Has it been blocked in N.A.? Anybody have any other websites that stream the world feed?

Last edited:

flywgn

Explorer
I'm getting SBS HERE. Is that not working for you, or am I not understanding your problem? There are a few other live feeds as well. I'll check back with you tomorrow, but after that I may not get back to Expo for the duration of the Rally.

Allen R

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I'm getting SBS HERE. Is that not working for you, or am I not understanding your problem? There are a few other live feeds as well. I'll check back with you tomorrow, but after that I may not get back to Expo for the duration of the Rally.

Allen R

First off good luck to your crew Allen.

I can get to SBS, but I can not access the videos for the 2012 race. Any other websites that will be streaming the daily world feed half hour tv program?

flywgn

Explorer
...I can get to SBS, but I can not access the videos for the 2012 race...

On the Home page there's a Tool Bar across the top. Fourth from the left is "On TV". If you scroll over that there's a drop-down that has "SBS" and "Watch On-line". There's also a "Schedule". In addition in the Tool Bar below the banner there's another heading of "TV Schedule". When I click on either of the TV icons there's the message that coverage of the Rally doesn't begin until January 2, 2012. I'm hoping that on that date we'll be able to get the live feeds. I don't know for sure.

Any other websites that will be streaming the daily world feed half hour tv program?

I'll use Marathon Rally and Eurosport. Last year Marathon had a link to the SBS site. I also think Zimbio will carry live streaming coverage. Finally, over on ADVRider there's a thread with several links for the Rally.

Thanks for the 'luck'. It'll be a fun one. On the motos Quinn (#9) and Jonah (#19) have excellent chances of arriving on the podium. Naturally, with the vehicles I'll be a Toyota (#308) fan this year. If Orly can keep all four tires facing the earth's center they have a chance for a top ten for sure, maybe higher. It's a good car. RG's team will be in the mix for certain. And you won't be able to avoid the Minis. Success with numbers there, not to mention top-notch rally-raid drivers.

Cheers!

Allen R

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Sad news today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16379068

Argentine motorcyclist Jorge Martinez Boero had died in an accident on the opening day of the Dakar Rally.

Boero, 38, sustained fatal injuries in a fall during the first stage in western Argentina, organisers say.

_57647686_013614658-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles