Dakar 2012

NothingClever

Explorer
I was on the support crew for Team Rally Pan Am. Here's a few photos from my trip. Had a great time, was bummed two of our riders did not finish (Jonah Street and Bill Conger) but was stoked that Ned Seuse got a finishers medal. The scenery, cultures, etc were amazing. Over 17, 000 feet while crossing the Andes stands out as being on the more memorable moments. We were in a f350 pimped out as a support vehicle.

View attachment 82362

Bump for the dusky silhouette photo of Ned's noggin :D .

deadly99

Explorer
Bump for the dusky silhouette photo of Ned's noggin :D .

Ned along with a few others have written for the book in the form of a recap of their days stage. Book is written and is half way through the editing stage. Pre sales in about a week, you get a DVD to watch on your tv. It's a 45 minute long slide show of the pictures that didn't make the book and some few video clips, etc. Once the 30 day pre sale is finished the DVD will no longer be available. I'm not a professional video editor so the DVD has a nice "home made" feel to it, lol. Its got some cool stuff in it though and is worth watching I hope :ylsmoke:

Book is looking to be about 240 pages in length and includes approximately 190 color photos.

www.GravelTravel.ca

Pre sales start mid March

Sample pages from the book

3161464_l.jpg

3161455_l.jpg

3161454_l.jpg

The book is coming along nicely and I sincerely believe it provides a good insight into the race. I had an amazing time in South America and look forward to sharing the experience.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles