Newbie, moved/inspired by this site..my M416 Build

rstel01

Hi All,

My first post but I have been lurking for some time gathering uber M416/M100 info. For some time I have been actively searching for an M416/M100 to build and for us to take from our home in PA, for the Moab pilgrimage next year.

In early Nov after much searching, finally found an M416 in semi rough shape in the back lot of Coleman's Military Surplus in PA. So, for $275 it was brought home

2120_03.jpg

2120_04.jpg

It was bent in the corners and had some rust from sitting nose down for years. We got to work with the port-O power, freeing the wheels, and began sand blasting/stripping

IMG00148-20111111-1710.jpg

IMG00149-20111111-1716.jpg

After knocking it down, it wasn't in bad shape at all. The rust in the nose was caused by the floatsam and jetsam accumulated over years of being down and the drains closed.
Roughly 3 Weeks of work later it was:

Sandblasted
Brakes Freed
Body Straightened
Patch Panel Welded
Minor Rust Fiberglassed and repaired
Original 24vdc Military Tail Lights Converted to 12vdc LED light inners
Bed SEM POR'd
Bed Rino-Lined
Shot Basic OD
Re-Stenciled (taking some creative license with US Navy Markings)
New Data Plates
Wiring replaced from Military plug to 4 prong civilian
Last thing for "Phase 1" is for the 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 5 adapters that are being done by adapta-us so, I can run JK Jeep wheels and not have to carry a NDCC spare

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

Now that I have it serviceable and semi-restored, Phase 2 starts next for outfitting as the fun-time expedition trailer!

Again, thank you all for the great trailers that I have seen posted. It has given me much ideas and guidance

Dirtytires

Explorer
Great Job there bud. What a save. I seen there werea few of them back there smashed up. keep us updated.

Welcome to the forum.
Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke