HADDIX'S-03 Tacoma DoubleCab Build

haddix

Adventurer
Finally got the lift finished tonight. I am going to crank on the coilovers some more tomorrow before the alignment.
Here are a few pics.
05386239.jpg

bb1c5fca.jpg

5a091762.jpg

0a29ad79.jpg

Better daylight pics tomorrow after the KM2's get mounted.

Omgz

Hey nice looking truck, forgive me if you mentioned it but what brand softopper is that? I've also been going back and forth on a topper and that one looks pretty nice. Just another single guy with a doublecab, definitely perfect for trips with the girl.

haddix

Adventurer
The brand is actually called Softopper. The only complaint I have is while backing up its very hard to see but the pros far outweigh the cons. If you don't need the security of a hard top then this is the way to go. Awesome quality, convenient and keeps the bed 99% dry. There's a very small slow drip in one of the corners but I did not use any weather stripping so I'm sure that would get rid of any possible leaks. Oh yeah and it looks awesome IMO lol.
Search around on Craigslist you may be able to find one. FYI the 01-04 dcab and 05-11 softopper are the exact same. Only difference is the clamps you use.

haddix

Adventurer
Looks much more balanced now with the new rubber. Needs more snorkel though... ;)

I agree with both statements. I was tired of riding around on the stock tires after just 3 days.
My 3rd gen 4runner ended up with a snorkel and im sure this one will too. Ive already got the hole saw for it so why not...Right?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
I agree with both statements. I was tired of riding around on the stock tires after just 3 days.
My 3rd gen 4runner ended up with a snorkel and im sure this one will too. Ive already got the hole saw for it so why not...Right?

Absolutely. It's for safety's sake. Not having one is completely irresponsible - think of the children/kittens/puppies/baby seals. How can a significant-other argue with that logic?

haddix

Adventurer
Absolutely. It's for safety's sake. Not having one is completely irresponsible - think of the children/kittens/puppies/baby seals. How can a significant-other argue with that logic?

Trust me, the significant other will not argue with that logic. She was actually the one who bought me the snorkel for the 4runner. She's a keeper.

NCjeyota

skid and bellypan

Do you have the front skid and bellypan that you made mounted on your truck yet. If so I would like to see some pictures. I have the identical truck as yours and am interested in the skid and bellypan, but would first like to see them on a vehicle. Do you sell these with the hardware included? Grade 8? Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles