rental / demo roof top tent???

N8URE2

Adventurer
I know its a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could rent or demo a roof top tent near Denver? I'm in Longmont and have a friend coming out from Louisiana on Aug 15. We are going to Fruita, Moab, and somewhere in CO mountains, maybe Ourey.

I've been wanting to buy a RTT, but don't have the funds for a full on purchase yet and would like the opportunity to try one out if this possibility exists.

If anyone has info that could help me, let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff

BTW I currently have Yakima rack w/3 crossbars for attachment.

devo

Desertdude said:
Talk with Christo Slee he may be able to help you out or know someone who can.

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/

if you are a member over on IH8MUD.com

my buddy Bob had a RTT ( if he still has it) he might lend you
PM him on Mud

http://forum.ih8mud.com/member.php?u=760

let them all know I sent you ;)

Mr D-Dude,
Still have the my rtt and have had it for 12 years. Not getting rid of it and will not lend it out!
But you did send this gentleman in the right direction to look for a loaner. If there is such a thing.
Be cool and hope to see you down the road.

box wine bob

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
B-W-B Welcome to the portal, good to see you here.

12 years that is an amazing run for a US -RTT original :bowdown:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
CarTopCamper said:
We don't rent them, but can get a roof tent to you for $999 includes shipping, changing/shower room, and extra-height ladder. These are brand new, durable, all alum frame tents (no rot-prone plywood floor), with a fully enclused travel cover. See our site at www.cartopcamper.com or send an email to sales@cartopcamper.com.

Regardless, have fun!

CarTopCamper

Welcome to ExPo...

I noticed this on your site: "The tents are MombasaUSA's proprietary design. The tents are manufactured in China in a factory owned by MombasaUSA." Are you sure about this? There are at least 3 different branded tents that seem to come out of the same factory, which as I've been told does NOT belong to Mombasa. Just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Also, your site mentions: "About 7 years ago they expanded the application for their netting by building the roof top tent (roof-top-tent.com)". When did they start selling them in the US? I don't think they had a website until late 04'.

Thanks!

Jwestpro

Explorer
Here's to thread revivals ;)

I really like our ARB Simpson III tent and it's optional lower wrap around vestibule.

lr3.tent.rp.jpg

Tatted

Adventurer
Renewing this thread again. Trying to talk my wife into moving towards a roof top tent away from our truck camper. We are taking a 9 day excursion From northern Colorado to ouray and down towards Las Vegas and would be a perfect time to try one out since our truck camper is down due to baseball sized hail damage. Any one have any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior