What makes the best off road trailer

EWS

Observer
The trailer use scene is so wide, with people with differing requirements, from the basic KISS style trailers to the ultimate off road trailer , with all the bells and whistles, with suspension set ups from basic leaf spring to air suspension. You can only judge what is best in its class. Not just what money can buy, a real world situation

ddog45

Adventurer
I would say the best trailer is one that you want to use. You may have brakes, solar, power and all the bells and whistles but if you are scareed to back it into a tree or drop it off a large rock it may not be that great of a trailer in the end. I have taken my chaser to places most people are spooked driving to and I love it. For now I cant think of a better set up.

loren85022

Explorer
Functional and rugged make a trailer good. Having just a few more creature-comforts than your brother-in-law can really make it a great trailer - IMHO.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I really do not think where you are willing to take it has any bearing on the quality of trailer. I was going to take mine down Black Bear this summer, but it was closed. Supposedly there has never been a trailer down it. Because I wanted to does not make mine better or worse. Having faith in what you have behind you says more about the individual than the trailer. That and being a satisfied customer. But pretty much any quality trailer on the market will go wherever you are are willing to pull it. Military trailers included if they are trail worthy.

skunkriver

Observer
View attachment Judgingform.pdf

After 4 months we have input from

3- Continents

4- Countries

8- States

And this is the judging form we came up with.

Did we miss anything?

Let me know if you have problems opening this. I can upload it in another format.

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Willl we have the option to decide what category we are in. Mine fits into three, base camp, rock crawler and Tear Drop, somewhat capable in all three. Utility would be the only one it would not fall into. When would those choices have to be made.

skunkriver

Observer
The trailer owner would declare what catagory he wants to enter in at the sign up .
Also we plan to watch the trailers be pulled over the obsackle course and the performance would be described in the notes section of the form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles