Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a new rod 9-10' 7 wt

MAD Duo...I got skunked on Oak Creek last week...fished about 3 hours in all my usual spots with no luck so started walking the stream just looking for any signs of life...nothing...maybe headed back to try the west fork this weekend...I am always up for pike on LM too...let me know...

Will write up my summary of the rs4 redington soon...haven't had a chance to get to big water but may head to lees ferry next weekend...

Well I finally got around to putting my new Redington Rs4 to work. 9.0' 7 wt loaded with sinking line on a Bauer M4 superlite and fished all week at Lees Ferry, AZ. The rod does not have as much backbone as some of my pricier rods and need a bit more finesse to push a heavy sinking line with shot and a weighted nymph out there but does reasonably well for a rod I paid less than 100.00 dollars for on Sierra Trading Post. Anxious to experiment with some lighter lines but over all well worth the money. Typical quality build from Redington...not showy but a nice clean reel seat...classic colors and comfortable grip.
    Handled the rainbows at Lee's Ferry fine...the bigger test will be Pike on Lake Mary.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a shame you are looking for a longer rod. I have the perfect 7wt but it's 8'8" long. It's a Scott Heliply and what makes it special is that it is slightly soft for a 7wt compared to the modern super fast broomstick tapers. Awesome stick but like everything else that is truly sublime, they are made anymore.
    I am the son and the heir
    of nothing in particular

Hey Flagster-What sinking line are you using? I was looking into the Rio Outbound line. We gotta get together and hit up Lake Mary for some Pike!

Lets do it...I am running a scientific anglers mastery series uniform sink...
    I think...it might be an old tarpon series line I also had...have to check...
    Have you hooked up with any pike lately...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12