2006 Trailblazer Build Thread

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I am really liking the truck:Wow1: HardT! I especially like the use of certain fluids to get your crew working.:ylsmoke: Just curious why you went with radialTAs for tires?:)

The tires are treadwright guard dogs. They have the radial at tough three ply sidewall but are re-molded with the more aggressive old style Mtr's tread pattern. For have the price they are a great value in rubber.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Ok cool,:Wow1: What might those puppies cost a piece?:drool: I am running 10.5 by 35 by 15inch. Do you have to come with your own carcasses, or is there a price reduction if you do?:drool:

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I paid 159 each. You don't supply anything just buy like any other tire. Check out their site for available sizes.

tinbasher

Observer
Love the rear end but driveshaft needs shortened. The locker clicks on tight turns but swapping to synthetic oil in couple thousand miles. The instant engagement is great compared to the g80. Drove in sleet and nothing odd happened and the traction kinda inspired confidence.

Front diff goes in tomorrow. Bartons friend has a lift ans experience w them so he is guiding me through it.

i had a lock rite in my old toyota, when pulling into parking lots i was constantly told my rear diff's about to blow up.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Dropped off the drive shaft to get shortened 1.25 inches. Place is charging $80 to shorten and rebalance the shaft and polish up the area where the tc seal will ride now. Thought that was pretty fair esp since he said could be done today or definitely tomorrow morning.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Driveshaft is back and in. 200 miles later...all is good. Hoping to get the syn line on the winch and reconfigure the shovel/ax mounts to the basket.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
A little side by side before and after...

Basically stock but for the basket I had on bolted to stock crossbars
1.jpg

How it is these days...
SDC12619-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier