2006 Trailblazer Build Thread

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Bought used in early 2009...
Put a Thule basket on basically right away, but stock otherwise. Promised it would stay that way as well....
1.jpg

Then MarkMC 2.5 inch lift w Bilstien HD's all around
2.jpg

and some 265-70-17 Silent Armors
3.jpg

and front and rear brushguards
4.jpg

5.jpg

Then 2 inch body lift which negated the brushguards
6.jpg

Then some Pro Comp Wheels and tires. 305-65-17 on 17x9
7.jpg

Then upped it to a 3 inch body lift
8.jpg

Then some TrailGear sliders Adding plates and gussets, they were welded to frame
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Now it needed armor...
Steel Oil Pan skid, Radiator skid from MDB Fab plus cut and remounted the rear brushguard

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Folding Tire Carrier- has different now, but still similar
16.jpg

And the front bumper had lots of fun for awhile. Tried a tube one, made first plate one, then another and another and another...

Homemade tube stinger thing I bought off a Silverado and adapted so I did not have plastic to break
17.jpg

18.jpg

The original "let try this" bumper MDB built for me after I asked about c channel to make one. Now on another's truck
19.jpg

20.jpg

The 3 inch body lift bumper with wings and shackle mounts. Now on to another truck
21.jpg

22.jpg

My replacement for that one. Wings, Shackle mounts, Reciever...
23.jpg

Current--Added Light Hoop/Deer Catcher
24.jpg

25.jpg

12,500 LB winch on Beautiful custom mount by MDB Fab
26.jpg

Along the lines it has also gotten upgraded with
Mark's new three inch spacer lift
2 inch longer Japanese rear coils
Stronger 88 front coils
Adjustable panhard bar from suicidedoors.com
Removed rear swaybar completely
Custom front swaybar links
Extended rear tubular control arms
Drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads
Pcmforless tune
Custom hooker catback exhaust
Cobra 75WX cb w 48 inch Firestik
Led lighting in fenderwells
Led interior
LED Reverse Lights
LED License Plate lights
VVME 35watt 6000K HID headlights
Custom vinyl hood stripe, pillars, and other decals thanks to HighVoltage
GM leather seat covers
Fire ext
Lots of Straps and Tools
Yakima Load Warrior with Extention
Hi-Lift Jack
Shovel
Ax

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
It does get used. I drive it to and from trails and all over the countryside exploring. It has been to George Washington National Forest in VA a few times, WindRock TN, Badlands in Attica, IN, Redbird near Dugger, IN, and lots of other places. It always surprises people and takes good care of me.

Some of the pics I really like...

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

32.jpg

31.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

37.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
It was built without expedtion in mind, but almost all of it transfers over and much more will be added in the near future. I do think is makes a solid platform for mild wheeling and lots of adventuring.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Love it man. It looks to work for all your needs. I think the trailblazer and colorado trucks will grow with after market as the rigs become cheaper.

bmxdannyo

Adventurer
Looks good man, where did you get the rear folding tire carrier? or was it custom fab? The only one I've seen was tire gates, and they were a bit expensive for what it was.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Built it out of a simple non-folding Curt tire carrier. Cut it, plate each side and drill a couple holes for pins.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Thanks. Modded the bumper a bit more. It is getting powdercoated currently. Got some syn line for the winch to lighten it up. Should make a little better setup and enhance portability of the winch n plate. Was pretty heavy with the steel cable.

bumper.jpg

Got the new hitch mounted folding tire carrier done by MDB Fab and got my Trasharoo. Both are great, will take some pics asap.

Been planning for a rear bumper soon and some tubes to protect the front fenders.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
VERY nice build. I can appreciate the multiple trips to the drawing board and your ideas are very creative. Good choice on the synthetic winch line, I was amazed at the weight difference, not to mention synthetic is SO much easier to handle than steel.

Keep up the great work. :safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA